Gun Racks or scabbards on your snowmachine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Racks or scabbards on your snowmachine

I am interested in what others have done for gun racks/scabbards? I have seen gun boots, forked holders (Kolpin Rhino gun holder) and a scabbard strapped to the hood. What have others done/used? I am thinking I need a rack soon, having my shooting iron bounce on my back isn't as fun anymore. And anyone build a chainsaw rack as well?

I use a set of forked holders, on the back rack of my Indy trail. They are the stainless steel kind and I can take the forks off and on as I need them. Mainly I use it for my gas ice auger. Is very sturdy and works great, providing easy access and keeps it from getting busted up, and makes more room for extra stuff in the otter sled.
    sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

What type of machine do you have? I will get some pictures of my Bearcat and how it is set up. I would like to do something a little different but.....

Comment

Remember, plastic gets very brittle in extreme cold. Steel or aluminum construction will be better for your sled.
        sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Here's a thread on the subject...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-a-snowmachine

Comment

I have had the plastic rubber forks on my wheeler and they didn't last to the end of the driveway. They broke instantly. Cold and plastic = not good. I will be looking for the metal forks that are covered in the soft rubber. Not sure if they still make them or not.

Thanks for the link Tearbear.

Comment

following .

Comment

Originally posted by MTfisher View Post
                I have had the plastic rubber forks on my wheeler and they didn't last to the end of the driveway. They broke instantly. Cold and plastic = not good. I will be looking for the metal forks that are covered in the soft rubber. Not sure if they still make them or not.

Thanks for the link Tearbear.
                sportsmans warehouse has them
                sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Here are a couple pictures of how the rifle rack is attached on my Arctic Bearcat snow machine.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks good AK Bearcat.

Comment

On my old Skandic. Easy access while traveling.

If the terrain is rough I will put the barrel forward to keep it from hitting the ground. Not so fast to get ahold of that way.

Gotta fix the new Skandic up to carry the gun.
                      Live life and love it
                      Love life and live it

Comment

Made mine for my new Expedition. ..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cwoods View Post
                          Made mine for my new Expedition. ..
                          Nice! Where did you get the parts? Any close ups of the lower piece?
                          Live life and love it
                          Love life and live it

Comment

It's just 1/4" rod and some steel plate scrap. I used one bolt for the disc brake cover and had to put one other through the tunnel for mounting the bottom holder. The rod that keeps the butt stock in place is covered with 1/4" i.d. breather hose as well to protect the stock.
                            The upper mount is a plate on either side of the plastic cowling with a tab welded to it and a rubber coated gun holder off a pick up back window rack bolted to it. Fits nice and tight and is out of my way for riding, can be grabbed and dismounted in a hurry as well.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Top mount...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X