Insane WEATHER this year, 2" of snow Turnagain Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane WEATHER this year, 2" of snow Turnagain Pass

Spring was two months early in 2014. And now no winter yet in South Central Alaska. Has there ever been a winter in-which Turnagain Pass never opened for snow machine use......???
    "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Not a good year for those who when in debt to purchase a new sled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Used to be a big time winter person, but...
      da da da da dah, I'm lovin' it!

Comment

Originally posted by sayak View Post
        Used to be a big time winter person, but...
        da da da da dah, I'm lovin' it!
        Come on now! This is the snowmachine forum. Take that crazy talk to the boating section.

It's only mid-December. Things can change. 2011 - 12, hardly any snow until after the first of the year. Then a bunch and there were ridable conditions in a number of places into June.

Comment

AGL jus threw it out for conversation fodder. Pretty sure he isn't a big time motor head (but I could be wrong).
          I've already had machines out... hauling wood,and will go out on lakes this weekend for ice fishing; doesn't that count?

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
            Spring was two months early in 2014. And now no winter yet in South Central Alaska. Has there ever been a winter in-which Turnagain Pass never opened for snow machine use......???
            Climate change is a b+$ isn't it. We have no snow and there calling for 50's this weekend. Current computer model has us 5-7 degrees above normal all winter. You will have snow, I don't think we will.
            "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

You are correct, was just a topic for general conversation. And I do not own any snowmachines, I prefer to walk.

AGL jus threw it out for conversation fodder. Pretty sure he isn't a big time motor head (but I could be wrong)
              "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
                Climate change is a b+$ isn't it. We have no snow and there calling for 50's this weekend. Current computer model has us 5-7 degrees above normal all winter. You will have snow, I don't think we will.
                Yes, climate change ALWAYS has been a b+$. The Vikings in Greenland and Tlingit in Glacier Bay were probably saying the same thing about the climate (but for for other reasons).

Comment

Yes, climate change ALWAYS has been a b+$. The Vikings in Greenland and Tlingit in Glacier Bay were probably saying the same thing about the climate (but for for other reasons).
                  Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                  You are correct, was just a topic for general conversation. And I do not own any snowmachines, I prefer to walk.
                  I just wanted to say Hi..... I love ice fishing, a hobby which is almost gone where I currently live.
                  "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

I just bought a snowmachine this winter. Didn't go in debt for it, but I am not happy. We had 6-8 inches when that last warm spell came through. Melted it all. Now we have about 2 inches but it has been snowing all day today, not a lot, but hopefully enough to get out.

Comment

I am getting 2-3" today in Valdez. We got maybe 5" earlier in the week. That has been it.... Snow Town is going to loose it's name.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

This link is not fun to look at.http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...nal.php?lead=2

Comment

Considering buying a snowmachine this winter. If this weather holds, I might get pretty aggressive about it in January. Should make for some pretty motivated sellers.

Comment

Well according to the link it's calling for above average precipitation. Seems like it's meaning rain......I hope not! Give us snow dammit
                            sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                              Considering buying a snowmachine this winter. If this weather holds, I might get pretty aggressive about it in January. Should make for some pretty motivated sellers.
                              Good point. Lol. I just bought ours and I took it out this weekend. River is still open in many spots so I turned around and puttered around the village. It was rough. Not really rideable yet.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X