No announcement yet.

Angle iron for snowmobile trail drag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKRR do you plan to mod the design because of the different ruts/tracks left behind a snogo vs the tracked quad/SxS ? I think the ability to fill in the ruts with snow may need some different angles for the very different machines in other words?
    Thanks.

Comment

Any photo updates surely appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinglishna View Post
        Me too Akriverrunner. If you have a pic of one of your drags ... that would be interesting to see. Thanks.
        Dinglishna, grab the groomer at our house and try it out. To the right of the shop leaning on a tree. Probably wider than you want but you can copy it. Ron V. At Deshka made it for me. I know you like it because its the one I use to cover your skate tracks with! You can use it all you want and I'll pick it up when I get back from the Nut Farm!

Comment

There is a place out on Pittman road for used steel....I have never been there but heard it about it a few times from folks. I know one guy that purchased I beam for his house from them about a year ago or so.

I will see if I can get more info. Cause his price on the beam was cheap in comparison to what we pay for new steel.

Comment

The ones Ron V were building were a copy of mine. Someone let him see mine and he started copying them and selling them. I have a new better design now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
              There is a place out on Pittman road for used steel....I have never been there but heard it about it a few times from folks. I know one guy that purchased I beam for his house from them about a year ago or so.

I will see if I can get more info. Cause his price on the beam was cheap in comparison to what we pay for new steel.

Good simple design. Works just fine for what we do. Kudos!

Comment

I'd love to see copies of the various designs out there being used locally. I've rigged up a set of modified wooden pallets as a temporary groomer/drag...it's been about 7 years now using it-HA!. Every year, I think about setting up something out of angle iron with some actual cutting and shaping blades...someday....

Thanks, Karl

Comment

I'd love to see the design and/or pictures

Comment

Any photos of a proven drag designs? I would like to smooth the ride to the cabin. Might help out the neighbors as well.

Comment

Here is one that I built for a man on the Yentna river. He said it works great on soft snow. Harder snow almost ice he chains logs on top to weight it down to help bit the ice. All the cutting teeth are 1/4" serrated. I tipped in the round tubes so the groomer would bounce off tree instead of coming to a stop and ripping off your hitch. I asked the guy to send me some photos of him grooming and the finished trail results, but haven't received anything yet.
                      Mike

Comment

Comment

The Attachments will not open.

Comment

Originally posted by Superx View Post
                            Any photos of a proven drag designs? I would like to smooth the ride to the cabin. Might help out the neighbors as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	2495360Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0293.jpg
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	2495361

I use this to work single sled tracks. Built it out of scrap wood I had. I use angle iron on the leading edges. I add logs if i need to dig in some. Not fancy but made to sled width for single trail. keeps trapline and the yard nice and flat.

Comment

Name:	11011486_490104177814384_3134516746439091777_n.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	2495363Click image for larger version

Name:	11694158_490104164481052_1806730387876690653_n.jpg
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	2495364

Comment