No announcement yet.

meet team cheechako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer to have to stay somewhere you don't like.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

Comment

Lost Piva. He gutted a large porcupine, in the process, he lost both his eyes. Poor fella must have had over 300-400 quills in his entire mouth. I've since got another malamute. This one is a giant malamute, and not as athletic of fleet-footed as the other three. He's gotta weigh over 200 lbs, as I struggle to lift him in the back of my vehicle, and I've never struggled like that. I've been giving him a joint supplement, and hiking him up McHugh Peak three times a week. He is beginning to get into shape.
      www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
      sigpic
      matnaggewinu

Comment

new giant malamute, haichi. weighed 218 lbs. I've got him down to 209, after hiking mountains for about a month now. He is much less wild than the male I lost, more obedient. He did have a bad rap for dog aggression, and it did surface a time or two. when they get this big, it's a little terrifying trying to tame dog aggression, but I once again, have peace in the pack. I can't wait to build a small freight sled, and do a winter hunt! All four dogs are rock solid from countless hikes up McHugh Peak.

Attached Files
        www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
        sigpic
        matnaggewinu

Comment

I had a huge female husky 220# last weight and would fight anything. Regretfully she outgrew her organs ability to keep up and I lost her a seven years.
          Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

DAaaaaannng those are big dogs!
            Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
            http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

Comment

G'day Mainer, they are a strong looking team and wondering if you have sorted out the lead dog yet?
              New to this whole dog mushing thing and curious if you do any separate training to find/train a lead dog, or do you just watch how they best work together by swopping positions as they work as a team?

We will only be mushing two individual dogs, possibly they may run teamed together at some stage, but it is all hanging as an idea at present. My daughter has a Husky (Arie) whom is only around 7 months now, and we (partner & myself) have a Border Collie/Kelpie/Blue healer cross (Billy, whom is all the Australian working stock breeds). Hoping to build a scooter for my daughter and will look at a trike for myself.

When we used to hunt with the dogs and needed to break up a fight, we carried small water pistols. Couple of squirts in the eye was normally enough to break the attention. Learned the hard way, not to jump in with a hand or boot. CHOMP!!!!!!!!

Regards
              Grumpyoldman
              aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X