Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small plane crash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Small plane crash

    Just off of mile 91.4, last night about 5-6 pm. No one hurt private run way and flipped at the end..

    Tried to get details, but troopers were fairly tight lipped, as they should be.

    Will try to get updates and/or info throughout day.
    I give thanks to the vetrans, as they have aided in my priviledge to hunt and fish the great State of AK. and alow me to sleep safely at night.sigpic

  • #2
    What's that near? Not familiar with 91.4..............

    Comment


    • #3
      near montana creek, it was a wheeled 172 that tried to land on an unplowed strip, and flipped, no one was hurt. The plane looked in very good shape. Not sure if it was a precautionary landing or not. monitoring 121.5 we heard the ELT and found the plane and reported to talkeetna FSS

      Comment


      • #4
        Elmendorf Flying club.
        Tim

        Comment


        • #5
          Glad to hear that they walked away.
          Semper Fi and God Bless

          Comment


          • #6
            That was my plane...or the one I always flew...C 172, N747AF. In fact, I got a few phone calls. People thinking it was me. One of our members mistook a private strip for Willow? I think. He landed on the soft snow and when the nose gear touched, it flipped. I am very thankful he walked away. But, I very literally cried when I found out. I was quite attached to that plane. This is the second 172 the aeroclub has lost within 10 months. Everyone is scrambling for airtime now. There's not enough aircraft to fly. THe students and instructors are...well...you can imagine. I am beginning to see why people buy their own planes, even though it is so expensive.
            Right Rocket Rick?

            Comment


            • #7
              [QUOTE= One of our members mistook a private strip for Willow? I think.

              I'm calling BS on that!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AKDREAMER View Post
                That was my plane...or the one I always flew...C 172, N747AF. In fact, I got a few phone calls. People thinking it was me. One of our members mistook a private strip for Willow? I think. He landed on the soft snow and when the nose gear touched, it flipped. I am very thankful he walked away. But, I very literally cried when I found out. I was quite attached to that plane. This is the second 172 the aeroclub has lost within 10 months. Everyone is scrambling for airtime now. There's not enough aircraft to fly. THe students and instructors are...well...you can imagine. I am beginning to see why people buy their own planes, even though it is so expensive.
                Right Rocket Rick?
                Right O Mate..& just remember..."If the women don't find ya hansome, they at least aught to find ya handy at the stick...." Ha!.

                RR

                Comment


                • #9
                  [QUOTE=tralika;913008][QUOTE= One of our members mistook a private strip for Willow? I think.

                  I'm calling BS on that![/QUOTE]

                  It might not have been Willow, but a public strip near where he ended up...I can't remember where. He was doing a round-robin, stopping at several airstrips. Really nice guy, just made a huge error!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RocketRick View Post
                    Right O Mate..& just remember..."If the women don't find ya hansome, they at least aught to find ya handy at the stick...." Ha!.

                    RR
                    Or at least a really good guitarist! LOL

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      [QUOTE=AKDREAMER;913467]
                      Originally posted by tralika View Post

                      It might not have been Willow, but a public strip near where he ended up...I can't remember where. He was doing a round-robin, stopping at several airstrips. Really nice guy, just made a huge error!

                      So which Public "Ski Strip" did he try to land that government issued Nose-Dragger? Just curious...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Speaking of off strip landings, anyone have any info on the yellow plane that was on the parks highway ROW at mile 75 last week? It was there when I went by in the evening and gone by morning...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Glad to hear it was not N64456, owned her for 6 years before selling her to the Elmendorf Aero Club ....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You got to look at this as a learning situation. First good luck that no one was hurt. second tri-gear airplanes do flip onto there backs. third go around if things don't look right, right is something you seen before with you instructor.

                            Comment

                            Footer Adsense

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X