Average annual expenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average annual expenses?

I have been thinking about getting a plane for years but have not done much research into it.

Just trying to figure out what the approx annual expenses minus fuel are on a piper cub or cessna 180 type plane?

Thanks,

Rob
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

A low time pilot? Assume a $75K purchase price, average condition, and insurance? You'll need about $10K a year without starting it. If you want to add for maintenance costs allowed over a 20 year period, figure at least $50.00 per flight hour @100 hours-per-year (or $5K per year to feep it parked) to save up for re-covering, painting, engine and prop overhaul, etc. That budget is a little fat but you'll need a cylinder or two, and maybe a gear leg, some tires, etc along the way. Now add per-hour fuel and oil expenses, which are currently about $40.00 per flight hour in a Cub, or about $75.00 per hour in a 180. Some guys will tell you these numbers are high. I'm just telling you what my checkbook tells me. Sure, you can go a few years without insurance and with cheap annuals, but there's no free lunch. The numbers will catch up to you.

Comment

Grizzly 1

Originally posted by Mr. Pid View Post
      A low time pilot? Assume a $75K purchase price, average condition, and insurance? You'll need about $10K a year without starting it. If you want to add for maintenance costs allowed over a 20 year period, figure at least $50.00 per flight hour @100 hours-per-year (or $5K per year to feep it parked) to save up for re-covering, painting, engine and prop overhaul, etc. That budget is a little fat but you'll need a cylinder or two, and maybe a gear leg, some tires, etc along the way. Now add per-hour fuel and oil expenses, which are currently about $40.00 per flight hour in a Cub, or about $75.00 per hour in a 180. Some guys will tell you these numbers are high. I'm just telling you what my checkbook tells me. Sure, you can go a few years without insurance and with cheap annuals, but there's no free lunch. The numbers will catch up to you.
      Mr. Pid -------------- you tell it like it is!

Comment

Thanks for the information Mr. Pid, that is what I was looking for.

Rob
        http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X