Windy Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy Pass

Any advice about flying from FBKS to Anchoragare and going through windy pass? I've flown it once and it was pretty nasty. I'd like to make a few trips south this year but Windy Pass shook me pretty good that one time. I was thinking flying very early and very high. Any suggestions from those who fly that route? Trying to keep my wife interested in this flying and bouncing don't help.

Thanks,
    GS

Windy Pass

Originally posted by GlacierShaker View Post
    Any advice about flying from FBKS to Anchoragare and going through windy pass? I've flown it once and it was pretty nasty. I'd like to make a few trips south this year but Windy Pass shook me pretty good that one time. I was thinking flying very early and very high. Any suggestions from those who fly that route? Trying to keep my wife interested in this flying and bouncing don't help.

Thanks,
    GS
    Just pay attention to your maneuvering speed. As the Lord said, "Ain't no big thing . . . . . "

Grizzly 1

Comment

Have flown it a few times. IFR once or twice at the MEA in a 206. VFR the rest of the time DHC2/206/180/185. If it's windy just go slower and stay on the upwind side of the pass. Leave enough ground clearance and room to turn around if you need to in a downdraft.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X