ID:	2771409

One more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7E67C8ED-C145-4093-8086-858E6C0FEE69.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2771411

Comment

It's an amazing place. Lots of bears. Black and brown.

Comment

Man, I need to make that trip a priority. I still haven't flown down there - looks like fun!

Comment

That's my old cabin behind that yellow plane. Sure miss that place!!

Comment

Originally posted by CapnMike View Post
            That's my old cabin behind that yellow plane. Sure miss that place!!
            Setnetting cabins? What a place to spend the summer fishing. Thought about walking out on the mudflats to see if there were any cockles (kinda like in Bristol Bay) but a couple of bears decided to change our minds. They were browns and just eyeballed us as they walked by. Over the years though I’m more worried about the black bears in that area. Two bad experiences with them one at fossil point and the other by those weird rock outcrops north of your old cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
              Man, I need to make that trip a priority. I still haven't flown down there - looks like fun!
              Get on down there! Not to bad a flight if it isn’t blowing like hell. Was nice to be a passenger this last trip, my kid (private pilot) was the driver and he wanted to pick my brain about landing areas and practice landing on sloped beaches. Kustatan strip was good but someone made some really deep ruts on south end and that dip/depression by duck shack kinda got deeper. The upper strip is good as long as you stay outta the standing water (8-12”). Didn’t look at MacArthur bar but swung by Olson creek.........good fishing on a few weeks but now and then someone parks their plane on the strip blocking everyone else. Kinda a one party place to begin with anyway. Seems like a plane gets helicoptered every year from that strip. Headed to my hometown of DLG in a week or so to do some beachcombing and exploring. Never get tired of the what the coast has to offer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	56005790-3BB6-4DEF-92FF-A604DED64F11.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	2771472 Click image for larger version

Name:	79D4209F-95BE-467D-A742-2FD6EC9DA42C.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	2771473

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse