31 or 29?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 or 29?

I have 26" tires, looking for something to make landing on larger gravel bars smoother. Would 31's be ok on a 170 with 180 gear legs or should I stick with 29s?

What are doing for tailwheel? That seems to take the most beating on rough terrain with my plane. (185 on 29’s.) The side wall on the 31’s allow a bit more roll than the 29’s is the only down side of the larger tire. Hence not recommended for the 185.

Comment

Baby bushwheel on the tail

Comment

Originally posted by alaskan9974 View Post
        I have 26" tires, looking for something to make landing on larger gravel bars smoother. Would 31's be ok on a 170 with 180 gear legs or should I stick with 29s?
        I'd go 31's all day on a 170. Went with the heavy tread 29s on my 180 but I have a lot higher gross.

Comment

Baby bushwheel on the tail
          The Baby Bushwheel works really nice. You'll like those big tires all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Putzpilot View Post
            What are doing for tailwheel? That seems to take the most beating on rough terrain with my plane. (185 on 29’s.) The side wall on the 31’s allow a bit more roll than the 29’s is the only down side of the larger tire. Hence not recommended for the 185.
            Are the widths the same 29/31? Wondering how they'll do on sand

Comment

Are the widths the same 29/31? Wondering how they'll do on sand
              Very close in width. The "170 Mafia" up here all run 31's and those guys do some cool flying.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X