Martial Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don_h View Post
    Where is the source on the 17 day timeline? I have not found 1 study that says it can last longer than 72 hours on a surface. Not saying you are incorrect, there just seems to be a lot of bad info out there, like UAA saying 11,000 dead. The most accurate models say more like 870. Who knows what an accurate model is though at this point.
    I heard it on the news a few days ago. A cruise ship had been vacant for 17 days and then tested positive for the virus

If it only survived for 72 hours it would not be a big deal to shut everything down for a 3 day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
      BUT this bug stays on surfaces for 17 days..
      This is not true. You're misunderstanding a statement about researchers finding remnant RNA strands on surfaces after 17 days. Remnant RNA is not the same as a live, viable virus. Long after you're dead, we'll be able to find evidence of your DNA in your house...it doesn't mean you're still around.
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Thats your choice and more power to you for doing what's right for you and yours, as I do

BUT this bug stays on surfaces for 17 days, that means everything will need to be closed for at least 17 days to stop it. I mean EVERYTHING shut down! No vehicles on the road, everyone stay inside, no shopping, no businesses open, absolutely everything shut down so the virus will die out.

Even if that happen we will still need medical personal (including fire and police) to take care of people, they will be exposed and transmitting to others as they preform their jobs, keeping the virus alive. After a 17 day total lockdown these people will go out in the public areas and we will be right back to square one.

I dont know any small businesses or employees who can handle a financial hit like that. And the state/feds can handle a financial hit like that either.

Just food for thought...
        So you're willing to let more of your fellow Americans die so you can get a cheeseburger at your favorite restaurant or get your favorite munchies every day?
        We can't shut everything completely down I get that.
        But do you understand the flatten the curve plan?
        If we can minimize the spread of this we can potentially allow our hospitals to keep up with this until a better solution or a cure, vaccine or ??? can be had.
        So instead of me getting my mail everyday from the post office I'll get it once a week or less.
        That will lessen my chances of getting this and my chances of spreading this.
        And I believe your numbers are off.
        The rate of deaths from the flu are not 1.5% as I understand it it's more like .15%!
        The placement of the decimal point does matter and that also shows this is much worse than the yearly flu!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
          So you're willing to let more of your fellow Americans die so you can get a cheeseburger at your favorite restaurant or get your favorite munchies every day?
          If we can minimize the spread of this we can potentially allow our hospitals to keep up with this until a better solution or a cure, vaccine or ??? can be had.
          So instead of me getting my mail everyday from the post office I'll get it once a week or less.
          The rate of deaths from the flu are not 1.5% as I understand it it's more like .15%!
          The placement of the decimal point does matter and that also shows this is much worse than the yearly flu!

The point I'm trying to make if we give up our freedoms for "safety" we will end up with neither

This bug isn't that bad compared to all the other things we've survived over the past 200 years WITHOUT govt lockdowns

Look at what's going on in dc now

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/dc-may...g-coronavirus/

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post

Give up, you are attempting to communicate with a fence post.....!
            We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

The point I'm trying to make if we give up our freedoms for "safety" we will end up with neither

This bug isn't that bad compared to all the other things we've survived over the past 200 years WITHOUT govt lockdowns

Chez,

Personally I don't see this as giving anything up, as of now what freedom have you given up? We are being asked to do the reasonable thing, we are being asked to protect the rights of our neighbors, we are being asked to help keep people alive so they can continue to enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We are asked daily to do, or not do certain things by our government and if we choose to do the opposite we face the consequences of our actions. If you choose to violate a quarantine order that is your right, but there are consequences and for more than just yourself.
              I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

There's not much freedom in a pine box 6 feet under either.
                I've had the flu! And I don't like it!
                I certainly don't want covid19!
                How would you feel if they traced someone's death from covid19 to you carrying it from place to place?
                I couldn't tell you How it was during the plague or some of those other pandemics.
                But I did hear that during the 1918 flu pandemic some towns put armed citizens on the roads to keep people out who might be carriers.
                That's wasn't a government mandate but people realizing that social distancing was a good way to save their town!

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

compared to all the other things we've survived over the past 200 years
                  apples to oranges, there is no way this compares to what was going on 200 years ago. 200 years ago people were not bouncing across the world within hours. Our world population and the densities of the populations are much different than 200 years ago. Eventually this will pass.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X