Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you PA-12 owners seeing for true empty weights on floats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more from FB.....

I'm at 1387 on EDO 2000's
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

The PA-12 down in Texas weighs 1408 on Amphibs. They have a useful load of 529 pounds. They must have stripped out any other weight they could find, because Wip amphibs weigh 420 pounds installed.
      Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
      Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Originally posted by Float Pilot View Post
        The PA-12 down in Texas weighs 1408 on Amphibs. They have a useful load of 529 pounds. They must have stripped out any other weight they could find, because Wip amphibs weigh 420 pounds installed.
        I was lost in Houston (and doing biennials with Ken at Promark) off and on for quite a while, including during the time when he was acquiring/tweaking that -12. Although I only heard things verbally, it seems like it was always a bit of a weight - whipsaw about the fixing / adding and then removing/reducing.

Although I last saw it in 16? 17? it was a darn nice looking plane. I believe I also heard it was derated...although I have some niggling thought that I heard that the derating was as much for "B" as "W"....but also just 2nd hand recollection from fading memory.

Comment

Just went through the W&B on a local 12. Even with the 1935 up-gross tubing, they only had a 522 pound legal useful load.
          Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
          Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Think our PA-12 is 1219# empty. (on tires)

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X