Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflatable kayaks: Anyone have experience with air-hauling them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep a PR49 packraft in my Citabria pretty much all summer. With pump it only weighs around 12 lbs or so and is a true 2 man raft. I've been using the oar I keep in my plane to paddle around, but it is much easier to maneuver with the double kayak paddle.

Comment

WELL. I never have bought a raft or Kayak yet. I had my wife felling guilty about something so she said she was going to buy me one for my birthday last month. But we made the mistake of going to a couple HIGH-END dealers and she just about had a stroke.

Then one of the guys down at the airport ran his mouth about how much money I was spending on my new panel instruments...

So I am now budget shopping.
      Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
      Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Originally posted by Float Pilot View Post

Then one of the guys down at the airport ran his mouth about how much money I was spending on my new panel instruments...

Don't you love it when a "friend" ruins the best laid plans. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Float Pilot View Post
          WELL. I never have bought a raft or Kayak yet. I had my wife felling guilty about something so she said she was going to buy me one for my birthday last month. But we made the mistake of going to a couple HIGH-END dealers and she just about had a stroke.

What did you end up going with? I’ve been eyeballing the Alpacka Foragers, but they are ‘spensive!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X