No announcement yet.

Knocking on Hangar Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys made it up last week! Took a ride around Merrill this morning and stopped at about 5-6 places. Some said they weren't hiring and sent me on my way. Others said the person in charge of hiring wasn't around and that I could drop my resume, which I didn't have on me because I was not 100% satisfied with it. I was to eager to get out there but unprofessional on my part.

Anyway, polished the resume, ran off some copies and I'll drop them off tomorrow. Also going to give Lake Hood a shot (resume in hand of course!)

Hoping for the best!

Comment

You are at the right place at the right time!! Once you do Hood go to birchwood. Go to all the aviation shops in the phonebook and say hi. Then start all over again. Everybody wants to come to AK and be a pilot!! What people look for is the guys/gals that will keep coming back. It is going to get busy in the next mo or two so be the guy in the door ready to work. While you are looking around figure out where you want to work!! I did my time in the military medical field and would not change my past but if I could have been here for the last 40 years flying. That would have been just fine with me. I will try to send a PM might be out of town for a few days.
      DENNY

Comment

At Lake Hood, be sure to checkout Rust's Flying Service. They are kind of by themselves on the south side of the Lake not far from the Aviation Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Monguse View Post
          At Lake Hood, be sure to checkout Rust's Flying Service. They are kind of by themselves on the south side of the Lake not far from the Aviation Museum.

And they've been there for decades, when Hank Rust first started there. Todd, a really good guy, runs it now. They also have an operation at Talkeetna . . .

Comment

Stopped in at Rust's this morning, filled out an application and dropped my resume. Also dropped in at a few other places nearby before I ran out of resumes. Some other members here made specific recommendations so I'm printing up more copies tonight and hitting it again tomorrow.

Comment

One thing I learned when I came off of active duty ( the first time) was that military style resumes are far too thick. My first 100 or so looked like a mail-order catalog. Make sure you keep it short and easy to read. You can haul out all the supporting documents for the interview.
              Following seas, shipmate..
              Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
              Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

It is always nice to meet the boss and leave an impression. It Usually means getting up early and resume in hand of course.

Comment

PM sent...
                  I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
                  Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X