Yukon River Fur Buying Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yukon River Fur Buying Trip

Here is our flight in to buy fur in Grayling coming in from a lower Yukon Village in a 207 I am not the Pilot he was a good guy and good pilot named Tommy From Peru.

Reminds me of the occasion when David Green sent his son, Perry, to Point Barrow to buy furs a long ago. Don Sheldon flew them, and David's $50,000, for the trip. The weather came down and the poker games started. Perry lost the entire bag of money and Don had to fly Perry back to Anchorage to face his rather irate father . . . . .

Comment

That's a great story I have sold fur to Perry several times years ago.We had other fly in fur buyers as well HE Goldberg, Bucky Burrows, Joe Mattie to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by yukonjeff View Post
        That's a great story I have sold fur to Perry several times years ago.We had other fly in fur buyers as well HE Goldberg, Bucky Burrows, Joe Mattie to name a few.
        Ever sell to ol' Jules, the guy with the really black beard? Used to be near Mary's Club 25 . . .

Comment

I cant remember if it was him but I remember getting a offer on a wolverine I had brought into a shop near there I ended up keeping it.

Comment

Originally posted by yukonjeff View Post
            I cant remember if it was him but I remember getting a offer on a wolverine I had brought into a shop near there I ended up keeping it.
            Very likely it was the old Black Russian, Jules. He did have good furs, though.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X