Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NunavutPA-12
    replied
    Well, no response to my query, so I guess Snowyshoes pulled that number out of his *****.

In Canada, a Private Pilot License will cost about $12,000, a Recreational Permit (day vfr, one pax) about $5,000.

For $25,000 you should be able to get a Commercial Pilot License with multi-engine and IFR ratings.

I guess that might still be a bit more than in the US, mostly due to higher fuel costs.

Leave a comment:

• NunavutPA-12
    replied
    Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    That's amazing.
    Amazing and un-true! Where do you get this $25,000 figure?

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowyshoes View Post
    Our country lacks experience in the ability to train for the price that they would like us to pay. It's ridiculous. And as well, over $25 000 to obtain a personal aircraft license in Canada, is absurd in my opinion.
    That's amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Snowyshoes
    replied
    Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    That's intriguing. Why the preference?
    Our country lacks experience in the ability to train for the price that they would like us to pay. It's ridiculous. And as well, over $25 000 to obtain a personal aircraft license in Canada, is absurd in my opinion. I'd much rather spend my money in Alaska, to someone who deserves every penny.

Leave a comment:

• Float Pilot
    replied
    It is possible, you just have to find somebody who is willing to deal with the TSA paperwork. Building on a US license works out much better for later conversion to various international licenses.

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowyshoes View Post
    I am looking for information on obtaining my license in Alaska. I am Canadian and prefer to get my license in Alaska than Canada. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.
    That's intriguing. Why the preference?

Leave a comment:

• Snowyshoes
    started a topic Canadian's obtaining license?

Canadian's obtaining license?

I am looking for information on obtaining my license in Alaska. I am Canadian and prefer to get my license in Alaska than Canada. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X