Flight Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Training

Just started flight training this last week. Flying a Cessna 140. I wish I would have started this earlier, it sure was fun. Hopefully be certified by late October. I'll keep you guys posted.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

A C-140 is a cool old aircraft... If you do a cross country down to Homer some time, give me a call...
    Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
    Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Congrats. I am currently in the UAA aviation program, just finished my ground school and start flying at the end of the month. I'm pretty exited about it also. I'll be doing my instrument ground school at the same time, and then on to commercial or CFI.

Comment

Take your time, have fun, don't get stressed. Flying is too special to rush and worry. Take it from a guy that did not fly for 23 years before coming back.
        Best of luck,
        ARR

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Floatpilot, I'll give you a call when I get down there, may be awhile though.

Comment

You'll find the C-140 the very most cost effective airplane you'll probably ever fly. Burns 4.5 gph and cruises above 110 mph. Can't beat that!

Comment

We'll, I've only got 7 hours since starting. My flight instructor is leaving here in two weeks and will be gone all winter. Anybody know any other CFI's in the Wasilla area? I'll still be flying the 140. Would like to continue through the winter and finish by spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Grayling View Post
                We'll, I've only got 7 hours since starting. My flight instructor is leaving here in two weeks and will be gone all winter. Anybody know any other CFI's in the Wasilla area? I'll still be flying the 140. Would like to continue through the winter and finish by spring.
                Mike Koskovich 376-3465

Comment

Call artic

Comment

Tim Bloom at Birchwood. Solo and than come and pick him up. He drank too much milk growing up but he could fit in my pacer so should do fine in a Cessna.
                    DENNY

Comment

Originally posted by boneguy View Post
                      Tim Bloom at Birchwood. Solo and than come and pick him up. He drank too much milk growing up but he could fit in my pacer so should do fine in a Cessna.
                      DENNY
                      Agreed. I've been flying with Tim recently in a Cub. Excellent instructor and a great guy to spend time with.

Comment

Walt Warner at legends aviation (legendsalaska.com) in Willow has been great. Also, I've heard good things about Bill? at Billingsley aviation at Wasilla airport.

Comment

Jay Baldwin in Palmer / Wolf Lake.
                          Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
                          Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Bill was my last instructor. I will try to get ahold of Jay. Thanks

Comment

I second Jay Baldwin at Wolf Lake!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X