Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Drops

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Air Drops

    Has anyone here ever done any airdrops? What kind of protection did you use for the package? Right now there is still two feet or so of snow, so the impact should be pretty soft...... Still, lots of bubble wrap? Items would be mostly food, other misc, nothing fragile like eggs.

  • #2
    5 gallon plastic buckets Packed as full as possible and duct tape the lids on...no special packing...and that is in rocky/grassy bowls for sheep hunting....tie a long visible streamer on them of survey tape. Put the metal handle inside the bucket for the drop and put it back on for the carry out.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

    Comment


    • #3
      Make sure any liquids are completely full, they will over pressure and burst if not. High visibility markings and streamer tape. Sure beat packing it all in, even dropped the raft.







      Have fun and don't get hit.








      Be safe

      Steve
      "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

      Comment


      • #4
        What about air dropping Fuel for a wheeler. Anyone ever done that?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by outnaboutnak View Post
          Has anyone here ever done any airdrops? What kind of protection did you use for the package? Right now there is still two feet or so of snow, so the impact should be pretty soft...... Still, lots of bubble wrap? Items would be mostly food, other misc, nothing fragile like eggs.
          Evan the eggs will withstand an air drop if you breake them into an olive jar. They will stay separated, and they WON'T get mixed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Great replies. Thank you.

            Comment

            Footer Adsense

            Collapse
            Working...
            X