Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good.

Comment

I'll try to make next sunday. I need to get brakes on my polaris this weekend (since I have none). I blew them out at bear camp 2 weeks ago.

Comment

June 11 it is....

I posted an event on the calendar so maybe we will get some folks who haven't seen this thread. I also put a reminder on the calendar for the three days prior to. Hopefully we will get a decent turnout. I got a kitchen pass from the wife so I am for sure able to go now. I'll plan on being there around 0900 and may put a couple of signs at the turn for the road and parking lot so folks who haven't been there can find it easier. It should be a good time!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys/gals.

Rob
        AKmud
        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Well guys, how did the ride go??

Comment

There are guys at www.atvfrontier.com in the Alaska forum who like to ride Knik also. Might want to post over there.
            A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

6 Days away

Originally posted by AkHunter45
              Well guys, how did the ride go??
              You still have time to go with us!
              AKmud
              sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

I guess I should have read the date on the ride, my bad guys. I'd love to go riding with you guys but I don't really like riding out at Jim Creek though. I'm sure we will see you all out on the trail sometime this summer!! Have a great ride!!

Comment

AKhunter45...Come anyway......

If you haven't been to the glacier before, you ought to come! After a few miles the riding gets quite different from around Jim Creek. There is all kinds of terrain between the creek and the glacier and it is a fun ride. Meet some folks, eat some food, I'm picturing kind of a "mobile barbecue". Should be fun!
                  AKmud
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll catch you all on another ride, i'm going to see if I can get me a bear this weekend. I appreciate the invite though!!

Comment

Unfortunately, my wife wont be able to make it due to a ruptured disc in her back so if someone wants to go who doesnt have an ATV/girlfriend/etc.., I'll drag her bigbear along.

Comment

Confirmation

Ditto on the extra bike. I have an extra 4x4 if that is the only thing holding someone back.

Also, please post a "yes, I'll be there" message if you don't mind, that way I will have an idea how many people to look/wait for.

I will for sure be there.

Sunday, June 11 @ 0930.
                        Big parking lot just beyond the drag strip on E. Sullivan Road off the Old Glenn hwy. This is out near the Butte for those who are unfamiliar with the area.

Blink, sorry to hear about your wife, I know what back pain is all about.....not good!
                        AKmud
                        sigpic

Comment

I am trying to plan it out with the wife at the moment. Camping might be out of the question if it is raining. Tomorrow I will give a yes or no. Hopefully its a yes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sounds good

Hope you can make it. We need to discuss our pike eradication plans for the mat-su valley!
                            AKmud
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll definitly be there.

Thanks AKmud, she went in for a epiderul (sp?) shot today. I hope it helps her.

Comment

Ok, I plan to go on this ride, I dont know if the wife will be joining me or not since its most likely going to rain. I have a newer silver chevy pickup and mostly likely my red snorkeled brute will be in the bed. This could change so dont wait up for me. If, for some reason, I show up late I can always catch up. I've made the trip from the glacier to Jim Creek in just under 45 minutes, I can get up and go when I need to.

So,whose up for crossing Metal Creek? :-) J/K

Dont forget to bring the goggles and bandanas. I doubt any of us enjoy a mouth full of sand. I will take my primos lil dog too, I wouldnt mind comparing coyote calls.
                                sigpic

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X