Any fairbanks area riding yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fairbanks area riding yet?

There is still a lot of snow in my yard, but I'm finally done working on me new wheeler (ok new to me, it's realliy 15 years old!) and I want to ride it somewhere!

thanks

Early in the morning and late at night...

You can manage the snowmachine trails when it below freezing out. But be prepared to be stuck a lot. I went on a couple of quick rides last week when it was still nice and cold and had a ball. Man I sure and glad I had a winch...
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Comment

(wow that's some bad typos in my first post...wish we could get rid of the edit restriction so I can fix my own goofs!)

Thanks for the idea. Yeah that would be fun, but I've sworn at badly torn up snow machine trails full of wheeler tracks and stuck holes too many times to do that! I guess at the end of the season it's not soo bad.

Maybe soon some trails will be thawed enough to get rid of the snow, but still be halfway frozen in the mornings.

It's my first summer with a wheeler and I'm just excited!

Comment

how about now - anyone been out around fairbanks anywhere? Forecast said high of 75 tomorrow!

Comment

I've been roaming behind eielson if you can get on base. Transmitter road is fine but the trails off it are pretty useless.

Comment

yesterday

rode 100 miles on two different trails located between Fairbanks and Nenana and everything was all clear

Comment

Lots of snow

There is still tons of snow up Murphy Dome, but it's melting fast.
              I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Comment

yep only made about 5 miles in at murphy dome before we hit a drift we couldn't get around. Saw lots of folks with the same idea!

It was great to get out and even better was testing my winter project (turning a pile of parts into a four wheeler) and it ran awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                  rode 100 miles on two different trails located between Fairbanks and Nenana and everything was all clear
                  Were those the Bluffs trails? Just curious, hoping they were getting dried out enough. would like to hit them this weekend.

Comment

dont know what the trails are called. Will try and find out from the other riders that went.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X