Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trails near Cantwell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trails near Cantwell

    Need some info on trails near Cantwell. I live in Willow and would like to ride up near Cantwell for a little change of scenery and some new adventures. Does anyone have some good trails that are long enough to be multi day trips?

  • #2
    By this do you mean the Denali Highway perhaps?

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a good offroad truck and trailer or I can start from the road. I just want to get as far back in as possible to some beautiful areas. What do you think?

      Comment


      • #4
        There is nothing right around Cantwell IMO. Most of the land there is Ahtna or Park Service. But on the Denali Highway I have been down a couple trails for one-nighters. Osar Lake and what some call the Butte Lake trail. Not sure if any are worthy of multi-night trips myself but someone might know of more trails than me. Google is your friend

        Comment


        • #5
          Not to mention the McClaren
          We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

          Comment


          • #6
            You can check out the Stampede trail at Healy, don't know if you been there or not. I dont know about it being multi-day,but you can really explore that whole area in multiple days if you'd like, there are tons of trails, and you can go check out the "bus in the book" magic bus from "into the wild". The water levels were pretty high last year though, hopefully not too bad this year.

            Comment


            • #7
              The Butte Creek trail, which starts right before the Susitna River bridge on the Denali Highway, can be a great trail for overnight rides. There are many branches of the trail to explore.
              Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by blasterak View Post
                You can check out the Stampede trail at Healy, don't know if you been there or not. I dont know about it being multi-day,but you can really explore that whole area in multiple days if you'd like, there are tons of trails, and you can go check out the "bus in the book" magic bus from "into the wild". The water levels were pretty high last year though, hopefully not too bad this year.
                If you wind up checking out the Stampede Trail, then you can go across the Parks Highway and go in on the Ferry Trail. You can easily spent a couple of days back in there as well. Have fun.
                "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

                Comment

                Footer Adsense

                Collapse
                Working...
                X