X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a cool idea!

The tailgate ramp -

http://www.handiramp.net/shop/category.asp?catid=47

First time I left the truck parked at Jim creek though I bet I wouldn't have a tailgate when I came back!!
    AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thats a great idea, unfortunately I think your right Rob.

Comment

Cool. The only thing is it doesn't show where everything goes when it turns into a tailgate. It must come apart and get thrown in the bed in pieces??

Comment

That's a sweet set of ramps.
        sigpic

Comment

Pricey!

I'd like to copy one of those. Of course then, a new tailgate of the stock variety would probably run twice that.

Comment

I like it!
            Proud to be an American!

Comment

Originally posted by mod elan View Post
              Cool. The only thing is it doesn't show where everything goes when it turns into a tailgate. It must come apart and get thrown in the bed in pieces??
              I'm thinking the same thing. It doesn't appear that the entire ramp becomes part of the tailgate. I do like the idea though.

It says some ramps weigh up to 195 lbs, have you ever seen ramps that weigh that much, certainly not for atv's or snowmachines.

Comment

Stowing

If I see right, I think the ramp part just folds in half and must pin to the tailgate part. Having loose parts would take away from the "coolness" of this product...
                AKmud
                sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Here's a pic of the "up" posititon
                  Attached Files
                  Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

picture

My bad. Didn't see that picture when I looked. Thanks AKDoug! Maybe some kind of padlock or something could be fashioned to prevent theft. After all, most of us padlock the trailer hitch nowadays anyhow. Cool product!

Comment

Ramps

I took 2 pieces of 1 1/4" steel tubing and welded 1 1/2" angle iron, 6" apart making them both 16" wide. For the truck lip I used 2" wide pieces of 1/4" bar stock about 8" long bent at a slight angle.

A lot cheaper! And they even support my dog.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X