No announcement yet.

Per Forum Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys its a legal issue that is why the forum does not allow advertising of written slander against a business or individual they can be rightly sued. here is the specifics from the forum

"We do not permit negative comments about individuals, businesses or organizations. If a question is posted about a business, it is best to respond privately. The issue is one of liability for us. These forums are a public service, and we are unwilling to deal with the potential for litigation that could destroy our business. The easiest answer for us is "no negative comments." If you have had a bad experience, simply indicate that you have had experience with the company in question and invite people to contact you privately. "

"Here's a way you can deal with this. If you have positive information, post away. But if you have had a bad experience with a company or organization, just say that, and invite people to message you through the system for more details.

I realize this is confining, but having had recent experience with a very unhappy company (not an advertiser at the time), I can assure you that this rule will be staying intact.

The reality is that there are bad businesses operating in Alaska, right alongside the good. It would be great to be able to be open and complete about that in this venue. But it is also a reality that some people want to use these forums for revenge, when the problem may have been largely or even totally their fault. We don't have the resources to sort these situations out; thus the rule"

This is from the webmaster. We are talking a about a manufacturer of a product and the quality of the product. If you could buy the product directly from them then yes, but on the large scale they play at you would have to bash one of their retailers to cross the line.

Comment

What?

Opinions do matter and should be able to be expressed. Allowing just positive comments about any brand or even specific businesses would be making this site a commercial for everything. If the poster can back up why they said something negative it should be allowed (sorry AlleninAK :-)
      If the manufacturers care about the public's perception of them and their products they are watching these forums. If they don't care.. shouldn't we know that also??
      Mike
      www.alaskaatvclub.org
      There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.:eek:

Comment

Ok, how's this;

Tonka...wow, the best toy in the world, can't be beat.

On Polaris, can't say, no comment, they came in second against another competitor in a two machine contest. Contact me privately, I'm sure they made A good one.

Comment

geez,,,feelings ,,nothing more then feelings.

Just because one bashes a product and someone else reads it,doesnt mean said reader is gonna take all the bashing for the truth.You'd be a fool for that.You have to make your own mind on a product.Plenty of yahoos on here that ride there machine into the dirt ,,and blame something braking on poor quality.Most people are just running there mouth..Make up your own minds..By the way ,,i own a Suzuki....Omg...someone said there crap..I need to go out and sell this junker.

Comment

Oh come on now, the Suzuki's are fine machines! Why, just the other day I saw a whole crowd of Suzuki enthusiats lined up at the door, waving at the counter guy. Don't understand why they all were holding up one finger...maybe it's a thing with them, but none the less...
            Oh, and they had a big sign up, rear bearings on SALE, 4 fer 1 I think it said.

Now, I'm going to go out and pull that piece of crap tire they said was good in Lite Mud, off my pos with two seats, a horned animal on the hood and a bunch of Y's all over it.

Kurt

Comment

Ok, so if I went to a particular dealership/store whatever and was treated bad in some form or another and I simply wanted other people to know how I was treated so they either knew what to expect or to avoid, how could that be slander? It's a fact that it happend. However I do understand that when everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts bashing that it is not in the best interest of the forum.
              Just a thought but maybe we could have a topic called expereinces and in that topic the threads would not be open to debate, just closed after the initial post.

Comment

Is it me??....LOL!

Yep, I am a moderator and I have openly posted I think Polaris wheelers are of poor quality. (Snyd, as another mod I think you might be taking the upper bunk in this doghouse.) I've also said I love Polaris sleds. Boy, first polly will sue me; then they'll put me on the payroll.
                Does this mean that the fellas who buy these bikes are nuts? Heck no! It just my opinion, AKRES.
                Lighten up big guy. If you love your machine, its all good. Ride on.
                If you bash my 660 Grizzly, Yamaha and I will be okay with that, moderator or not.
                Proud to be an American!

Comment

Personally, I hope that the manufacturers are reading all of these posts with keen eye. Between the posts here and the dealer critiques maybe they will shop around for a decent dealer after a few hundred poor reports. In a state with limited dealers, having a choice of a bad dealer or a far away dealer is BS. Having to buy my parts 35 miles away or VIA internet because of a dealers BS parts return policy is something that a manufacturer needs to know. I sell parts and I know a BS policy when I see one.
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                  Bill Hicks

Comment

Or you can buy a Honda and never visit the dealer! Hee Hee

Comment

Akcub....

Only to buy an extra Hondoo for the kid
                      Proud to be an American!

Comment

yeah Frank that day is fast approaching!

Comment

Maybe akres needs to lighten up, but I see some validity in what he's saying. What seems to be the line is, we are allowed to critique gear, but not critique services. So we can say..........Polaris ATVs aren't very good..............but we can't say Joe's Polaris shop isn't very good. Of course, Joe's Polaris shop might sell a few less ATV's based on what is said here about the Polly wheelers in general.
                          I'm glad we can critique gear.......really been soaking up all the ATV knowledge lately.......but I'm not sure the rules are applied consistently.
                          I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                          I have less friends now!!

Comment

Originally posted by martentrapper View Post
                            Maybe akres needs to lighten up, but I see some validity in what he's saying. What seems to be the line is, we are allowed to critique gear, but not critique services. So we can say..........Polaris ATVs aren't very good..............but we can't say Joe's Polaris shop isn't very good. Of course, Joe's Polaris shop might sell a few less ATV's based on what is said here about the Polly wheelers in general.
                            I'm glad we can critique gear.......really been soaking up all the ATV knowledge lately.......but I'm not sure the rules are applied consistently.
                            You guys really need to get a grip, this place USED to be enjoyable......until now. It seems like the more and more Im on here the more that end up on my ignore list...mainly because Im here to listen to the good stuff. If I wanted to hear about *****ing I would go out with the girls tonight. The only thing that had changed was no longer posting of blotters. SO WHAT! you know where to find them........if you get lost, email me, I'll send them to you again....move along little doggie..... Actualy I would probably get you lost as well, since men dont ask for directions....want slamming? you got it <HUGE SMILE for those who dont have a sense of humor>

Deb

Deb
                            Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Comment

That did it Aktrapper, Next time I hear anyone say Yamxxxx is a piece of crap, I'm going to put EVERYONE on ignore...that'll show em!

LOL

Kurt

Comment

People can suffer, machines don't

There is a HUGE difference between posting about gear/machines and posting about people. Some people find thier identity in thier machines and take it personal when someone critiques them, the machine that is. I still don't understand that one. Obviously some deeper issues there.

I for one hope people post all the negative (and positive) experiences they have had with all gear/machines. We call them Gear Reviews. What is uncalled for though is when people just say things like "Polaris and Yamaha atv's are the biggest pieces of junk ever made!" just for the sake of stirring things up or because they find thier identity in thier Honda or whatever. It has no purpose and is childish to say the least but still is not the same as posting things about people and speculating what they may or may not have done. We can inadvertanly end up down the road of character assassination that has the potential to devastate someones life and or livelyhood. If someone slams my Yamaha Griz I could care less and it could care less. It hauled out my moose this year, it will break down someday and it's still going to sit on my trailer until spring when I fire it up again.
                                A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X