Foreman or Grizzly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda all the way

I wouldnt consider anything other than honda. We dont care about ride, we just want to be able to get to our hunting locations and back home without any troubles. Hondas are by far in my opinion, the most bullet proof ATV's on the market. Even though they hold there resale value, we dont sell good tools anyway. The honda wont let you down when its on the line. Thats why there expensive. They ride rough because they use a time tested old school suspension system that is designed to be worked hard for decades. Yes there slow, yes they ride rough but they do it for years without failure. As for range, heck if your going in that far most likely youll have a trailer anyway so bring xtra gas. Lastly how many yamaha's or any other makes do you see that routinely have a service life of +20 years. Theres a ton of old hondas still going. Unless you have just tons of $$ and dont mind buying a junky city boy machine every few years man up and buy a honda.

Comment

Honda!

Only buy a Honda!

Gusto

Comment

Honda vs grizzy

My honda may not beat a grizzy in a race but this is what I can tell you. My buddy rolled his down a mountain 4 times end over end with no rocks or no major hard surfaces and My Honda this year came off my trailer when 2 straps came off and went bouncing down the highway at least 12-15 foot it the air, rolling to a stop. His had 3 times the damage. I bent my rearend, all 4 rims and my rear rack. It was 400$ for rear end parts and I bent my rack back and painted it for 5$. I purchased new ATP mudlights and rims for $600. Total to fix was $1000. Ok I did not need new tires, I could of bought new rims for $220. My machine is better than new and my buddy's is in worse shape with almost twice as much spent. I have rolled it down mountains, floated down creeks and rivers, burried in the mud, pulled trucks and cars around with it, moved truck loads of dirt around with it and plowed for the last 6 years with it. With the honda if you remember to change the oil occassionally and fix any flats, it will last forever. I pulled out my sons polaris, meat trailer with a whole moose and about 150 pounds of gear while moose hunting this year 7 miles. Most of getting stuck has to do with the operator's riding techiques and the tires. The new mudlites I think you could climb a tree with. If interested you can get the locking front axle kit too.

Terry
        Last edited by Terry; 09-14-2006, 16:16. Reason: bad typing

Comment

Terry,
          Do you have the locking front axle kit on yours?
          "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Comment

Honda! Honda! Honda! 10 years down the road you'll thank us, when she is still getting every job done for you!

Comment

Wow, alot of Honda-mania. I think my opinion may have swayed back to the Honda, even though it costs a few more clams. The guy in Homer offers a good deal if you pay cash, although the guys in Soldotna say they are the cheapest in the state. You gotta love salesmen.
              "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Comment

Another choice

Call Tannana Adventure sports in Delta. They have a very low overhead and will probably beat anyone in the state. 895-2006

Comment

HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nuff said

Comment

Ride em all and buy the one you like best. In the old days the Hondas clearly had a corner on the market with about the only solid reliable quad. Nowadays lots of manufacturers make great quads. We the consumers win. Enjoy your new quad, whatever one you buy!
                    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

I still think Chevy....And I still don't know why......

Comment

BOTTOM LINE: Depends on your needs.

I'll had both of these machines, Ripface. Actually I've had two grizz 660's and two of the Foreman series.
                        I just bought my second Grizzly Saturday--another 660--an '05.
                        One long, nasty muck-filled tundra and muskeg ride and you'll see why guys break free of the Honda Foreman series. Maybe you have "buns of steel" but some of us don't.

As I said, I had a Foreman 400 and then a Foreman 450 ES, Awesome workhorses! But hard on the "equipment". Ride 100 miles in rough country and then make your decision. (I read: PAIN...butt, plumbing etc.). They arent made for sport riding at all, imo.
                        Either way, ultimately they are both great. Both have great resale. I sold my '03 grizzly 660 last month for $6K firm. I had bought it new.
                        Be sure to change that air and oil filter often for long life....
                        Frank
                        Proud to be an American!

Comment

Who what would be a good price to pay for each of these machines new?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X