Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug in Alaska
    replied
    Just another suggestion, if you have a glass windshield, load your machine on the trailer with the rear facing forward. Glass windshields are he** to have to replace. This is why my rear window is plastic.

Leave a comment:

• DRIFTER_016
    replied
    Originally posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    Hey Drifter, have you got that beast on the trails yet?

I have cab envy.
    Had it out to the cabin last week for some work and fun.
    Am pulling the tracks next weekend for the summer.
    Last week was the last at the cabin until open water season.
    Could have gone this weekend but wasn't feeling well so stayed home.
    I'm patiently waiting for the arrival of the Fisher plow I ordered for it.
    Need to arrange to pick up the trailer I bought for hauling it too. Been using my buddies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	184382943_6232366743456279_7214611886364750442_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=9K3mTt3nIZYAX-kaKmO&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=20ea2b0e87cf2e89a5108b9b04dcac95&oe=60C5F224.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	2771055

Click image for larger version

Name:	184892874_6232366616789625_2953657724371258823_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=JQ0Ghoaei08AX-QqNy2&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.fna&oh=202a471fe89cd6ee94980210bcb058e9&oe=60C659C7.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	2771056

Leave a comment:

• CygAk
    replied
    I ended up getting this baby. Its made by Alpha windshields. Love the build quality and vents. Added wipers afterwards which have come in handy. Thank you everyone for your advice and expertise.

2021 Yamaha Wolverine x4 850 XTR edition

Leave a comment:

• ChugiakTinkerer
    replied
    Hey Drifter, have you got that beast on the trails yet?

I have cab envy.

Leave a comment:

• DRIFTER_016
    replied
    I went with front tip out glass, rear glass, full doors with power windows, heated seats and climate control.

Click image for larger version  Name:	174854616_6111863635506591_5459352068880724475_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=IFFDO3CxE5EAX_7IBhp&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=0c5acadea4d4131c72712e0f5155c3c7&oe=60B2B6A7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	2770487

Leave a comment:

• Doug in Alaska
    replied
    I have a glass windshield on my Polaris Ranger 6x6 and a plastic rear. I couldn't be happier and the cab heat is awesome during hunting season. I also have over the windshield vents I can open so I don't have a problem with dust infiltration in the cab. I pull the doors off in the summer. JMHO

Leave a comment:

• Lynx
    replied
    My two cents, it's Alaska- better to have a full windshield for crummy weather and safety... The draw back of having a full windshield is if you don't have a back windshield, it creates a back draft that will pull dirt and trail dust into the cab.

Leave a comment:

• gokorn1
    replied
    you'll want glass as the plastics scratch so bad and become useless in no time. I ran my Honda Pionner with a full glass windshield and hard roof. It created a low pressure and sucked all the dirt and dust into the cab, you'll want something that tips out or vents to break that pressure. If your run a full in the winter/fall you'll be fine, but in the summer most people take off the doors and windows.

better order now i've been waiting for months for my new sxs to arrive and it keeps getting pushed back, probably will cancel it and order a 2022 model

Leave a comment:

• EMoss#83
    replied
    No windshield, ever, they block your view ,stay dirty, loud ,heavy, unnecessary

Leave a comment:

• AKBEE
    replied
    “Now I just need to narrow down which dealer to buy from House of Yamaha in Big Lake or Performance Yamaha in Wasilla. I have heard great things about both

Big Lake Yamaha is simply great to deal with. We bought our ATV’s and VK540’s from them. Talk to Susie and I am sure it will make your decision easier. Their pricing, service, and customer service are excellent. Little things like allowing me to drop off the Grizzly’s on a trailer for service to pick up the next time heading out, to the mechanic sharing VK expertise and talking to me like an enthusiast are much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• CygAk
    replied
    Thanks everyone. I think I will stick with the solid DOT glass windshield and put some wipers on it. Sounds like that is ultimately the way to go long run. I forgot to mention earlier that I also plan to get soft cab doors and poly rear for sure to keep out the dust.

Originally posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    If you spend any time looking at web sites for accessories you'll notice that the Polaris Ranger has far and away more accessories available than other brand or model. I have a 2015 Arctic Cat Prowler and the selection for windshields and cab accessories is very thin. Just keep that in mind as you select your machine.
    I plan to get a Yamaha Wolverine x4 850 and get what you are saying totally. There just aren't a whole lot of accessories geared for the Yamaha wolverine/brand compared to Can-Am/Polaris or even the Kawasaki.

Now I just need to narrow down which dealer to buy from House of Yamaha in Big Lake or Performance Yamaha in Wasilla. I have heard great things about both

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• stillapa12drvr
    replied
    Full hard cab in my Ranger with pop open vents in the front and vent windows in the hard doors and with a fan. Have not needed a heater down to about -15 which is the coldest I've had it out.

Never regretted having the cab. As circumstances dictate, I'll go with the option of soft doors, or just take the doors off for summer use.

Leave a comment:

• AKBEE
    replied
    CygAK:
    In addition to a full glass windshield, I also have wipers and a defroster/heater in my Ranger Crew and It really makes it nice when cold or rainy/snowy. I am all for roughing it when need be, but bring more comfortable and able to navigate more safely with a windshield is great and worth the expense imho.

Leave a comment:

• daveybug
    replied
    I run a full glass front windshield, and poly rear. My machine originally came with a front half windshield. It didnt take long to figure out that a full windshield was a must for the wife and I.

Leave a comment:

• ChugiakTinkerer
    replied
    If you spend any time looking at web sites for accessories you'll notice that the Polaris Ranger has far and away more accessories available than other brand or model. I have a 2015 Arctic Cat Prowler and the selection for windshields and cab accessories is very thin. Just keep that in mind as you select your machine.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X