ATV emergency KIT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV emergency KIT ?

Got my first ATV and went with the Polaris 6x6 (new) Just wondering what everyone is carrying with them in survival/emergency kits ? Tools, Tire stuff, winch stuff ETC....
    Semper Fi and God Bless

The list can be long and varied! Do not know what tires are on the rig, but if they are not good tires, change them out first! What type of winch, if any is on the rig?
    OK, enough tools to make most repairs with out going over board. Extra straps, for when the winch cable is too short! Some type if light for working late at night,. Depending on the tires, a method to make repairs and to inflate said tires. Extra fuel and maybe some antifreeze.
    No matter what you have along, you will not have the correct tools that you need.
    I also have a sat phone, for when things really go bad.
    Good luck with the new rigs, have fun and be safe!!!!

Comment

Yeah, agree, never seem to have the right tools.<br/><br/>In addition to what Bearcat said, I bring a snatch block, first aid kit, extra water, firearm, 12V tire pump, and rain gear.
      -Tim

Comment

I rode a Suzuki King Quad down the pipeline for 18 miles with a flat tire. I carry a few hand tools so I can hopefully fix the little things like perhaps the recoil. Otherwise just keep up on your maintenance and you'll be ok. I do pack a spare drive belt. Small jumper cables in case the battery dies, but of course you would need someone else around to jump from.
        Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Oh yeah, carry a spare CVT belt and the tools to change it.
          -Tim

Comment

Tire repair kit with patches and plugs. Tire sealant and air source. Winch kit, sling loops for grabbing trees, snatch block.

Comment

With the bed on that 6x6 you could mount a hilift jack. They make down to a 36" and they have many uses. For tire inflation I've gone to a battery powered dewalt. It runs on 20v batteries or a 12v car plug. Spare parts and tools to swap them. Enough straps and shackles to reach a good tree or boulder for recovery. Rain gear. Garmin inreach. A way to keep everything secure and organized. I don't have a quad yet but have done a lot of Jeeping and the concept is similar just with less space and lower load ratings. <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

Don't forget some extra motor oil and some good duct tape.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X