Pull Pal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull Pal???

Can't find an earlier post where someone was talking about their treeless winch system. 2 stakes pounded in the ground at 45 deg away from machine? I have seen the Pull Pal's but that is not really what I'm looking for. Anyone help or explain their similar set up?
    Thanks

pull pal works

I've been using a pull pal with argo's and my 10,000lb susv for 5 years with no problems. If you are stuck somewhere without trees this is the easiest way to go.

Comment

Could you post more details about this? Be a great item to carry in with us on a long hunt.
      Thanks
      Disreguard, I found there web site.

Comment

Here it is....

http://www.pullpal.com/aboutPP.html

Looks like a pretty cool setup, especially if you ride Eureka where there are no trees in most places!
        AKmud
        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Stuck buddy

For a lot less money you could get something like this that would work just as good.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ak Hunter, where did you pick that up? Price?

Comment

I'm working on this one with someone, as soon as we get it all figured out i'll get back with you.

Comment

What in the world is that? It looks like a combination between an ice auger extension and a boat anchor.
                sigpic

Comment

When your stuck and there's no tree's or anything around you screw it into the ground when you get stuck, hook your winch to it and pull yourself out. WG, is the AT site having problems today?

Comment

Yes, AT is screwy today.

Have you tried that screw in Anchor? It looks like a pain. I couldnt imagine trying to screw that thing into the tundra.
                    sigpic

Comment

Haven't tried it yet as I don't have one, someone from another site built it and was checking to see if there was any interest in it. If you put a rod through the top of that thing it would probably go in a lot easier.

Comment

Duckbill anchor is another option. They come in a variety of sizes for whatever weight rating you need. They are available at most hardware stores.

Comment

snowhook

I use a snowhook off my dogsled. I keep it on my bike at all times has yet to fail me.Horse

Comment

If you are trying to pull something really heavy use 2 or 3 hook type devices. (But then you have to haul more extra junk)Spreads the load on the muskeg and wont tear out as easy. Simular to piton and ice screw placement in mountainering.
                            It beats having to bary a tire or log any day and doesent leave the dreded scar of shame on the trail.

Regards,

Jim

Comment

Smaller than a Pull Pal

Just ride with Water_Gremlin. He can pull you out. I was looking for a land anchor and came across this picture http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...oundanchor.jpg so I made my own. I tried it out in the yard and it didn't even budge. It stays in the cargo box on my wheeler.
                              Originally Posted by BIGBOB
                              Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X