Davidson Ditch/Steese 59.9m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davidson Ditch/Steese 59.9m

Has anyone gone up the Davidson ditch road to quartz creek campground area and such this spring yet? Are the conditions suitable from the Davidson ditch parking lot to drive up to first look out on 4x4? thanks!

Originally posted by whoreable View Post
    Has anyone gone up the Davidson ditch road to quartz creek campground area and such this spring yet? Are the conditions suitable from the Davidson ditch parking lot to drive up to first look out on 4x4? thanks!
    Haven't been out that way, but it's nowhere near "spring" here yet. We just got a bunch of new snow the past couple days. I would guess there's probably 4' out in that area.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Interesting about this area. It has been several years since we have camped there. It was an interesting place. We have gone in later spring in a Class C motor home and had to drive through some snow drifts on the road. While we were camped, other four wheel drive vehicles came in. They asked us how we got in, because they had issue in the their 4x4's. I thought that maybe they came in on a different route, but no, the same route. Not being sure what had happened to the road, we left early the next morning and had no issues.
      I would like to take the time to really explore the area!

Comment

Originally posted by whoreable View Post
        just snowed 4 on top of a couple of feet the last week or two. There is probably 4 - 5 with deeper drifts up there. Snowmachine country only now.

Comment

5" new so far NW of town and about 4' on the ground. I would imagine well over 5' in the Quartz Creek area.
          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/BLMWhiteMountains/

Comment

got about a half mile up the snowy road, atv sunk into the perma-slush and tires spun freely. Maybe another 2 weeks should have enough mud for everyone to rally

Comment

no one is going to appreciate it or be very kind to you if you're out trying to "mudding" on the trails

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X