Side by sides ruining trails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side by sides ruining trails.

I would like to thank the brain surgeon who thinks it's alright to ruin the trail for every one else during the last to heavy snow falls on the game refuge doing to Figure Eight lake. You have created a safety hazards for all the other trail users and I am going to petition DNR and Fish and game to ban atv's in the winter in the game refuge. It will be my new life goal to get rid of you inconsiderate a holes from now on.

There are always sideby side and 4wheeler marks onnthat trail and itís never anything really bothersome to sleds other than a few extra bumps here and there. That trail is always rough regardless due to the terrain. Sounds like you may need a sled with a better suspension.

Comment

That trail is not always rough as one of our neighbors grooms it weekly. Sounds like you need to come out and haul my freight sled across them ruts and see how you like it. Live out here and have to put up with inconsiderate riders and see if you change your mine. You sir sound just like one of them!

Comment

I should clear up why you think it is always rough. It is because it is nice all week until weekenders come out with their side by sides. More than one person in flat light conditions has had problems with the inconsiderate conditions. It is a matter of respect and there are too many people that have none. I'm going to be a pain in the neck and raise hell with DNR and the Troopers. Enough is enough.

Comment

Mybe if you all lived here in Alexander or the villages of Beluga, and Tyonek you would understand why it is wrong?

Comment

I hear you alexander and your concern is appreciated. However, I'm not in favor of more restrictions of any kind. Yep, a few inconsiderate a holes can screw things up for a whole lot of people, just the way it is I suppose. Next thing, someone will be hollering that snowmachines are screwing up his ability to snowshoe without seeing tracks or perhaps making too much noise. My fear is that eventually the whole **** state will be inaccessible and we'll all be sitting on our computers talking about the good old days before restrictions went into effect. Not my cup of tea. JMHO
            Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Sorry, but just the way it is doesn't cut it when it comes to safety. with all respect, I understand not wanting more restrictions..... but enough is enough, sorry, but spending all your time dealing with inconsiderate a holes where you live on almost daily basis is not acceptable anymore.

Comment

Also, the rules as I understand it restricts atvs over a 1,000 lbs as it is. The troopers just haven't been enforcing it. I will be
                finding out for sure when I call DNR. Last year one of our neighbor Ladies sprained her wrist and twisted her sled hitch hitting a foot deep rut in flat light. It has snowed over 24 inches on that trail in the last week and the first thing someone wants to do is run a wheeled side by side down the trail. It ain't right.

Comment

I've been running boats out your direction on the Big Su since 1980 (kind of an old time Alaskan I think, even though I grew up in Idaho) and snow machines out to Flathorn and beyond for the same amount of time. I'm just saying, be careful what you wish for. Restrictions are restrictions and maybe the next will be to restrict snow machine access. I now have seven grandkids and I'm hoping I'll be able to show them my old stomping grounds before further restrictions take effect. Maybe next will be a 35hp restriction on the Susitna. I'm not attempting to argue with you, just respectfully disagreeing with adding more restrictions. I feel for your neighbor lady, poor gal, must have been a tough thing for her to deal with. Hey, just wait until AOC takes the white house, you'll be buying a fat tire mountain bike to access your place. Joking of course, but maybe not. And no, it ain't right.
                  Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by alexander View Post
                    It will be my new life goal to get rid of you inconsiderate a holes from now on.
                    Please focus on the a holes. Please don't ruin it for respectful riders.

Comment

Yep been here since 1969 back when Alaska was Alaska. I don't think I will be worried about restrictions seeing how I live here and as a taxpayer have a right to access my home. I'm not trying to argue with you either Doug in Alaska as I have never heard anything but good about you, but you see those riders aren't you and I, they are people that feel they can do anything they want and it is time to say no. As I said I do believe it is actually against the rules of the game refuge already but I will check. I welcome anyone at my homestead and don't believe in no trespassing signs as many people on this forum will tell you. And it isn't just a few bad eggs anymore, it's a 18 pack! The more advanced these side by sides get, the worse t is.

Comment

Originally posted by daveybug View Post
                        Please focus on the a holes. Please don't ruin it for respectful riders.

Don't worry, respectful riders wouldn't be riding side by sides in deep snow.

Comment

Iím just simply saying that every year I hear the complaints of wheelers and sideby sides on this trail but every time I have run it which is a few times a winter I have never had any issues,...none whatsoever at all. Plus that trail is wide with plenty of lanes usually to divert around an area if it were bad imho.

Comment

Originally posted by iyouktug View Post
                            Iím just simply saying that every year I hear the complaints of wheelers and sideby sides on this trail but every time I have run it which is a few times a winter I have never had any issues,...none whatsoever at all. Plus that trail is wide with plenty of lanes usually to divert around an area if it were bad imho.

Try climbing out of Little Sue hill with a full load behind your machine will dodging ruts. Or try seeing those ruts after 4 inches of snow in flat light. Or try spending your own time and money grooming the ruts out of the trail and see how you feel about side by sides!

Comment

Just slow down and you will not have as much trouble. I don't like the ruts that the hot rodders leave across the trails but I slow down for them and don't have any trouble when pulling a freight sled. As for ruts in the trail, I move over or slow down. There are to many laws on the books!!!
                              When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
                              '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
                              2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X