4 wheeler or side by side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 wheeler or side by side?

Hello I am new to the forum and will be new to alaska. I am pcsing to eilson afb. I was wondering what would he better for hunting and just family riding a 4 wheeler or a side by side? If I get a side by side me and the wife talked about getting a 4 seater however I don't think those would be to good for hunting. So I was wondering what yalls opinions are since you are already there.

Thanks in advance

Welcome and thank you for your service. Do you have any experience with either? If not I would say rent one of each and see what suites you and your riding style best. Only way to find out is to ride/drive them
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

4 seaters are great for family riding and hunting...

------------------------------------------------
      pull my finger....

Comment

I've rode both before so it doesn't bother me On what I ride. However the heated side by sides sound nice buy who knows maybe I won't need heat. I was also thinking about getting a four wheeler and just a normal side by side so I can ride the four wheeler and my wife and kids the side by side.

Comment

It is not a good idea to travel with just one machine. If you can afford it, get a side by side and a four wheeler. We have both and 'yes' the heater does make it a lot nicer. While the heater in our Prowler does not put out a lot of heat, it is just enough to take the chill off.
          Welcome to AK and have fun while you are up here.

Comment

Ok but looking around on the forum it seems like no one has a stock rig. Is there something that's a must to add on one?

Comment

Originally posted by huntinlabs View Post
              Ok but looking around on the forum it seems like no one has a stock rig. Is there something that's a must to add on one?
              Depens on what you buy but for the most part stock machines do just fine...
              ------------------------------------------------
              pull my finger....

Comment

It will be for just family rides on places around the base as well as hunting

Comment

[QUOTE=huntinlabs;1443148]Ok but looking around on the forum it seems like no one has a stock rig. Is there something that's a must to add on one?[/QUOTE
                  Some more aggressive tires would be a good start...
                  Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

So I'm guessing just get some off road tires and call it good then

Comment

No, but tires are a good place to start. Depending on the machine, one might add, hand warmers, thumb warmers, good winch, if it is a SxS then a good cab, windshield, heater and the list could go on an on. Most people up here 'modify' their machines for what ever type of riding they do. It is amazing to see all the mod's while out having fun. There is no end to the mods!
                      Originally posted by huntinlabs View Post
                      So I'm guessing just get some off road tires and call it good then

Comment

Ok thanks alot and I wonder if it is cheaper to buy down here and then move them up or just buy up there I have heard they are more expensive up there

Comment

Machines themselves are really not anymore expensive up here. Anything that is big and bulky is more expensive due to shipping. Trailers (especially enclosed) etc are outrageous. I agree completely with everything that has been said. Two machines is way the to go. Tires, and winch are the minimum accessories. Hand warmers, cab system, gun boots and the list can go on to make your machine more fun and practical.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well the government will pay for shipping so I'm not worried about that

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X