CanAm Outlander 6x6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanAm Outlander 6x6

Anybody have a CanAm 6x6 ? Are they even out for sale? I would love to have another single seat 6x6 just as long as it does not say POLARIS on it
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

The local dealer has had a couple- all sold before they hit the floor.

They look great...but the price tag is up there.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

I've seen three different ones at AMDS over the last few weeks
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
      Unknown author

Comment

I saw them at AMDS also a few weeks ago during their annual garage sale. Looks pretty sweet! Only thing I didn't like was how low and open the radiator sat in the machine. Hopefully someone chimes in on here that has one or has ridden one. I'm sure interested in them
        Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

A good friend of mine purchased the very first one in Alaska, spent some time with him up at Petersville, the machine had three miles on it when it hit the ground. Very impressive, comfortable, capable, SMOOTH riding, responsive, quiet, loaded with features at the base level. Three other people who now drive Polaris Big Boss and drove the CanAm, all said they are going to buy one, they were that impressed. Very nice machine!

Comment

Originally posted by hodgeman View Post
            They look great...but the price tag is up there.
            By the time you add all down time and weekly repairs for the Polaris 6x6. You could buy 2 CanAms
            PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Comment

So can anyone tell me what the torque is on the 1000 and 650? I know the HP on the 650 is 62 not sure on the 1k but I can't for the life of me find what the torque is:question::confused::question::confused:
              Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

Found this on the can am forum...

DETAILS All Outlander 1000′s Come with:

Rotax V-Twin 1000

At the core of the Outlander rests a dominant 80 976cc liquid-cooled Rotax V-Twin power plant that produces an industryleading* 82 horsepower and a whopping 17 percent more power than any competitive ATV in the market. With an unmatched power-to-weight ratio, 65.1 lbs.-ft. of torque and electronic fuel injection (46mm throttle body), the single overhead cam engine is as efficient and refined as it is raw and invigorating. Regardless of temperature or altitude, EFI ensures optimal performance from the engine at all times.
                Despite its unprecedented performance levels, the eight-valve engine remains controllable and offers useable power for a wide array of riders and situations. Progressive throttle control means the power remains manageable in slow-speed circumstances or during a flat-out sprint.

Comment

​Thanks AKBEE. Any info on the 650?

Comment

Your question about the 1000 piqued my interest so I just googled it and found the forums- I am sure there is info about the 650 as well. That 6 wheeler sure looks nice but pricing as I would like it is a bit high for my wallet!!

Originally posted by mjm316 View Post
                    ​Thanks AKBEE. Any info on the 650?

Comment

Didn't find any torque listings but is listed as 62 hp for the 650...pretty impressive.

Comment

More can am junk junk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jesse,

Please elaborate on your "can am junk" comment. There are multiple threads currently running on this forum about Polaris 6x6's continuously breaking suspension bolts and/or otherwise breaking down due to factory design defects. As a prospective 6x6 buyer, I'd like to know if you have valid concerns about Can Am ATV's, or if you're merely reacting out of brand loyalty to another manufacturer?

Thanx, Dave.
                          "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Comment

I tend to ignore that type of blathering. Every brand has issues, I have only owned Can Am, three of them. My current one is the only one that has given me any trouble, it's an XMR with 30" tires which has eaten 3 axles, only issue in almost 2k of hard miles. I ride much harder than most, so I think that is pretty good. My friends Ranger has had more issues I think, but he is hard on it too. If I had the money, there would be a 1000 6X6 in my garage.

Comment

I bought one of these outlander 6x6 1000cc atv's, Very impressed with how smooth the ride is, power steering, and the feel of the machine just sitting on it. I am a little disapointed that it has a 50 MPH speed limiter on it, and really doesnt seem to have as much pep when you hit the throttle that you would expect from a 1000CC that is geared like it is, I think some clutching will need to be done to make this machine perform properly which is a bummer to find out on a new machine, especially when it is about the most expensive ATV you can buy.

I do plan to load it up with some weight and give it a real test soon, maybe I'll be more impressed with it under a load, but I have my doubts, thats what the low range is for. I'll post more as I ride it, I want to give this a thorough reveiw so people know, there is very little out there on these things.

As to my issue with the machine I feel that it is a combination of clutching and fuel mapping that makes this not perform. with this thing geared down and as much traction as it has you should have to hang on when you mash the throttle, this is not the case, its not a very fast acceleration and to me that doesnt make any sense, you gave up top end for the 50mph limiter and gained nothing in the low end, in fact it feels slower off the line then any of the other 1000cc outlanders that arent geared down, I gotta ask, where did the power go? It seems like to me when you hit the gas the fuel mapping runs into the rev limiter and only allows a gradual acceleration, this thing should instantly be going 50 if its geared down, not really the case here.

I'll post more as I ride this machine, I was more excited about this purchase then any other machine I bought so I hope my opinion changes and they work out some bugs for me, really hate to be negative about this machine since it is by far the most expensive one I have ever purchased. Maybe I just need to ride it more to appreciate it

I should also mention that my buddy bought one and he thinks it is plenty fast, but he is coming from a 20 year old honda foreman so not sure he knows what a big bore should feel like

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X