No announcement yet.

Polaris Big Boss A-arm update out from Polaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In order to find any 6x6's on the Polaris web-site, you have to click on "2014" models.

On the flip side, AMDS just got one of the new Can-Am Outlander 6x6's in yesterday (8/4/14). It's a camo XT model sitting in the middle of their showroom floor, right as you walk thru the front door: WOW! (both for the way it looks and the price-tag)
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Comment

Has anyone got the fix from HP Polaris yet?

Comment

I just installed the New A arm bolt fix from Hatchers pass Polaris today. We'll see How she holds up. They are 48$ a piece. I only changed the center axle bolts so 100 dollars into it.

Comment

So....... Its just a new bolt in the same size configuration using all the stock bushings/crush spacers?

Comment

From what I've heard 2nd hand is that it's a new sleeve for the bolt and a different bushing. Like I said that's 2nd hand info and I haven't talked to a dealer directly. On a different note the can am 6x6s look pretty sweet! Only issue I saw with them was the radiator looks like it will get clogged similar to the 09-10 big bosses.
            Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

I now remember a friend recently told me he was told by a dealer that the new sleeve is a tighter tolerance to the bolt o.d. which hopefully will make a difference. The OEM one definitely has some slop to it. I think Mjm should buy that Can am and give us all a review!
              If I have time and its still there I'd like to check it out in person myself.

Comment

just changed out mine. The sleave is alot longer (spans the full length between the mounting tabs) and they did away with the end metal caps (not sure what you call it) and bushings are shorter. They think the space between the sleave and the end cap was the weak point. Makes more sense when your holding the new on and the old one side by side.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the explain!

Comment

Yep, alaskabarbwire is dead on about the A arm bolt update kit. Im wondering with us removing the washer/caps that were original all together was part of the over stressing of the bolts causing them to break.

With these new kits your actually doing away with 2 parts altogether, so there will be less part with new Kit. Follow your instructions... they are quite simple to follow

I never broke stock bolts, did this as a preventative maintanence measure... Hopefully it pays off and I don't break any!

Comment

My bolts broke right at the head and right at the nut. One broke, or fell off, in my garage when I brought it in from the cold to heat. The head was laying on the floor when I backed out. The other broke in the field. Both times the whole bolt was present, minus the veeery end.
                      Does the new sleeve seem to address that? I guess we'll see. Kind of a bummer to have all these spare bolts, bushings and a-arms sitting around, but nice for peace of mind.

Comment

Sometimes Polaris really frustrates a person. I called the factory about this issue and asked if they were going to issue a repair bulletin for the machines currently under warranty. Of course I got nothing but double talk with them claiming it was nothing but a new design and they would not offer replacement kits for warrantied machines. When I pushed them on the fact that they manufactured this "new design" because the current design was failing they denied there was anything wrong with the original design and this was just an improvement that owners could use if they wanted to. So I guess some engineer at Polaris was bored one day and decided to design different mounts because he had nothing better to do.

Comment

I could find only one kit for now,,,,which side breakes more often?,,,,only one set of brakes on the middle axle?,,,doesn't make sense to do it that way!,,,,,,thanks

Comment

Also,,,do you have to remove the winch to check fluid level in front gear case ?,thank you

Comment

Yea you do have to move the winch aside to get at the check/fill bolt on the front winch. I have a AtvGuru front grill guard so I had to remove that then the lower plastic on the nose and slide the winch out the front. I like to change diff fluids often so its to bad its not out in the open but in reality it doesn't take to much effort.
                              As far as which side a arm bolt breaks more often it seems to be the middle axle on the exhaust side from what I have seen and heard...

Comment

Thanks cwoods for the info

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X