Big Boss Spare's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Boss Spare's

Was wondering what spare parts/tools you guys bring with you on your hunting trips? I just bought a new one.

I bought a 2013 right before last years hunt. I took two spare a arm bolt and nuts, two plugs and a belt. I also went through my machine before I rode it. I put dielectric grease in all of the electrical connections. Checked all bolts and nuts to make sure they were snug and I torked the A arm bolts, which were loose. I painted the battery terminals, solenoid and winch power cable connections with battery paint. I made sure the fluids were at the proper level. I did not have a problem with it. Sorry, probably a bit more then you asked for!

Sent when I should be doing my chores.

Comment

Spare a-arm bolts and spare upper a-arms for both left and right and the wrenches to change them (easy.) A good assortment of torx to access stuff. I also greased all electric connections. Many bolts come loose and an engine -mount starts to squeak horribly. I carry a spray lube to hit those squeaks and re-tighten them. Thought my frame was cracking first time I heard it and turned around. After bending the arm when a bolt broke again, I carry the spares.

Kits for repairing flats and spare common bolts, washers and "lug nuts."

I drive in low and never had a belt prob yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BTK View Post
        Spare a-arm bolts and spare upper a-arms for both left and right and the wrenches to change them (easy.) A good assortment of torx to access stuff. I also greased all electric connections. Many bolts come loose and an engine -mount starts to squeak horribly. I carry a spray lube to hit those squeaks and re-tighten them. Thought my frame was cracking first time I heard it and turned around. After bending the arm when a bolt broke again, I carry the spares.

Kits for repairing flats and spare common bolts, washers and "lug nuts."

I drive in low and never had a belt prob yet.
        Ok, funny you say both A arms I was just replacing one of mine yesterday and went to take the bolts out on the inner side and could not get them out because the head of the bolt hit the CV boot/shaft. It was so close that it would not come out. I ended up buying 2 new bolts and cut them out with a sawzall. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm planning on putting those two bolts in the other direction co the nut is near the CV boot. Sorry to hijack the thread
        Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by mjm316 View Post
          Ok, funny you say both A arms I was just replacing one of mine yesterday and went to take the bolts out on the inner side and could not get them out because the head of the bolt hit the CV boot/shaft.
          Mine was the muffler side and I think I just greased the boot to get it past. I did not need to cut anything or take anything extra off.

Comment

Yes, same side as mine. There was no way that those bolts were coming out. Glad yours were doable. Anyone else had this issue?
            Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

I have not had any a arm issues. When I was buying spare bolts before last season, the parts guy told me that they had not experienced any problems with the 2013 models. What model year are you guys riding?

Comment

Sorry for the news but myself and this fella took our 2013's into Eureka last summer and he broke a middle right with a whopping 200 miles on the machine....mellow riding as I was breaking mine in on the trip. It's a problem...

Comment

I broke a middle right bolt on my 2012 BB and a buddy broke one on his 2013 last year. I didn't catch mine right away and it bent the upper and lower A-arms, shock and exhaust. You can carry all of the spare bolts you want, but if you don't catch the break immediately you're going to be screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by cwoods View Post
                    Sorry for the news but myself and this fella took our 2013's into Eureka last summer and he broke a middle right with a whopping 200 miles on the machine....mellow riding as I was breaking mine in on the trip. It's a problem...
                    Originally posted by Laker Taker View Post
                    I broke a middle right bolt on my 2012 BB and a buddy broke one on his 2013 last year. I didn't catch mine right away and it bent the upper and lower A-arms, shock and exhaust. You can carry all of the spare bolts you want, but if you don't catch the break immediately you're going to be screwed.
                    Ditto for me with my 2013 on both accounts. Since the replacement of the right middle strut, a-arm, spindle, and bolts right at 100 miles I have put 600 miles on it with no problems.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

hows about a pic or two as to what is breaking....thinking of getting one of these......and at what price ..for a stock machine ...should I be paying /as to feel I got a good deal?
                        WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Comment

Like I said, mine hasn't broke...yet so no pics. I bought mine from HP Polaris. 10,000.00 out the door with a 3500 lb winch, hand and thumb warmers.

Comment

Originally posted by akrider View Post
                            Like I said, mine hasn't broke...
                            It's just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Taker View Post
                              It's just a matter of time.
                              What he said...

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X