Puritan Creek Water Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puritan Creek Water Levels

Anyone been out to ride the Puritan Creek trail lately? How are the stream/river water levels out there. Was planning a weekend trip up there in two weeks...thanks
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Last weekend I was up at Pinochle. Fairly close. Caribou Creek was crossable, there wasnt much water on the trails, and there was some huge mounts of ice too.
    sigpic

Comment

thanks a bunch.

Comment

I went into Boudler Creek this weekend, it was a piece of cake. The mud hole just before Boudler isnt too bad, I motored right through it.

Comment

plan on camping out there...heading back to the old trapper cabin. Are vehicles usually safe in the parking lot/pulloff?

Comment

Vehicles...

If you drove a Chevy I would worry, but I doubt too many vandals would be interested in your big ol Ford.

Comment

Acrtic Trails

Jason, there's a group of people from the Arctic Trails group headed out there this weekend. They'll be looking for fossils and I hear there's some fishing out that way too.

Comment

headed out Sat in the am....gonna try to make it to the cabin and stay overnight. Come out Sunday afternoon.

Comment

The Club ride isn't an overniter (at least not on purpose). Jason, if you see a group of 6-10 machines sing out! I am riding a dark green 700 Prairie with a gas can on front and a camo soft bag on back.
                  Mike
                  Mike
                  www.alaskaatvclub.org
                  There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.:eek:

Comment

wife will be riding a Green Polaris 600. I will be riding a Red Polaris 500. Will give you guys a shout!

Comment

Mike - considering a Prairie...how do you like yours?

Comment

Liking the Prairie

Picked it up May of 05 when the Rancher's smoking looked to take to long to fix when there was riding to be done. I was perfectly satisfied with the Rancher but gained an appreciation for the 700's greater power. I typically ride standing up so I'm not into the "smooth" IRS vs. the SRA's "hard ride" debate.
                        I've got 900 miles on it now and haven't had a problem. Do I need 700 cc's? Nope, think a 450-500 class machine will pretty much do it all. And get better mileage.
                        Do I like it - Yup! The Honda is still sitting in the garage, not fixed.
                        Mike
                        Mike
                        www.alaskaatvclub.org

Comment

Get that Rancher fixed Mike, I know it's dieing to get out there on the trails again!!

Comment

Fun vs thrilling

Rancher = fun trails
                            Prairie = thrilling trails
                            Yeah, I'm planning on getting it running again this summer. Of course,being a Honda, the brakes have rusted up on it after sitting - more work! :-)
                            Mike
                            Mike
                            www.alaskaatvclub.org

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X