No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ironartist
    replied
    speaking from expireance don't fill your front rim if your going to work it hard it will put alot of stress on your override spring and overwind it and when that happens it will chew the corners off the bosses and cause the spring to work it's way between them till it breaks the spring

Leave a comment:

• broncoformudv
    replied
    Love the seat mod and think it is just the thing for the women of Anchorage!

Leave a comment:

• AKmud
    replied
    Originally posted by greythorn3 View Post
    u gonna take it into anchorage and cruise that northern lights strip with it to pick up some chicks?
    Might have better luck in Talkeetna with that rig.

Leave a comment:

• rimfirematt
    replied
    I was thinking about it, but I took off the passenger seat so what would I do with one if I got one? Plus any chick attracted to a ROKON is probably not something youd want to bring home to mom!

Ill tell ya one thing this rokon gets right around pesky gates and even them annoying trenches dug by a backhoe to keep people off a trail. im gonna be flush with hunting spots this year.

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    u gonna take it into anchorage and cruise that northern lights strip with it to pick up some chicks?

Leave a comment:

• Nitroman
    replied
    Good looking bike!!

Leave a comment:

• rimfirematt
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rokondone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	2479937Click image for larger version

Name:	rokondone2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	2479936

All Done. I got alot more pictures on my facebook page.I know the seat is ridiculous but its real comfy now. I'll redo the seat in the winter.

Leave a comment:

• rimfirematt
    replied
    Yeah the stuff I was in with the rokon would have sucked to walk through. Lots of holes, logs, hills, spongy wet ground and brush. but the rokon just rolled on through! And no way would a 4 wheeler fit in the woods where I was. And yes from a small distance the rokon is not as loud as it seems to be when your on it. Im running skidoo synthetic oil in mine and the smoke is not bad at all.

Yesterday I sheared off a roll pin for the rear drive sprocket. Hopefully that wont be too common of an occurance cause that is not a super fun repair to do in the field. But doable.

Leave a comment:

• ironartist
    replied
    I think tom at rokon has some 2 stroke oil called no smoke will keep the fumes down a bit but I always kinda liked the smell. Also you said it's loud well it might be right there on top of the bike but crawl off and get a few trees away and that little piston doesn't rumble much thru the woods. And with g3s wheelie you will find in dense alders stand it up on it's back wheel and walk it thru it works really slick. I have taken mine places that it was easier to run the rokon than to walk, and when I looked back it looked more like a moose wondering thru the woods than a 4 wheeler ever could.

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    might be time to make some wheelie bars for it too!

Leave a comment:

• AKmud
    replied
    Maybe you can mod an air ride boat seat to fit.....

Leave a comment:

• rimfirematt
    replied
    All the older ones are 2 stroke (146cc chrysler power bee). 4 strokes were an option starting in 94 I believe and became standard in 98. Now if you get a new one your choices are Honda or Kohler 4 strokes

Trust me the dizzy part is all the shaking you get riding the thing, not the fumes! Mine actually doesnt smoke that bad. Im running synthetic oil though. Plus a fresh carb rebuild and new exhaust.

Leave a comment:

• WaterWolf
    replied
    dizzy sometimes.

2 stroke fumes.

Leave a comment:

• sayak
    replied
    I didn't know they were 2-strokers. It seems that the ones i have had pass me on trails were 4-strokers. Is the engine separate from the tranny? I wonder how an older Suzuki quad engine would fit in that space...

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    Originally posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I took her out for a ride today! Holy cow. These things will go anywhere. It was really easy to snake through dense woods, over logs, stumps. I also went on top of muskeg. Up STEEP hills and Down them with ease. I was worried there wouldnt be any engine breaking on there but there is and it works good.

Bad Points are its very loud (2 stroke), its very uncomfortable to ride. My butt hurts! Ill be redoing the seat. My back feels fine though. My arms got pretty tingley and I felt kind of dizzy sometimes.

Im very impressed so far. This thing will go anywhere you can walk.

wheelie it>?>????????????????????

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X