Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No pull starts anymore !!! What the heck!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greythorn3
    replied
    Originally posted by junkak View Post
    Can someone nominate this person for 'member of the year'?
    im already member of the year!

Leave a comment:

• junkak
    replied
    Originally posted by sevbses141
    active dynamic exciting
    Can someone nominate this person for 'member of the year'?

Leave a comment:

• tccak71
    replied
    My kids '09 Grizzly 125 didn't have recoil start and I thought it was because it was a kids' machine. Not sure why a carb'd machine wouldn't have a pull start.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• cjustinm
    replied
    most atv's have the aftermarket recoil kit you can buy. i'm glad i bought mine ive had to use it a time or two when its a little too cold out.

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    polaris is junk cant you tell by them razors?

Leave a comment:

• SusitnaAk
    replied
    I have a big boss 6x6 polaris 2006,500 4 stoke, This machine has a carb, I didn,t pull the batt. this winter and was dead this spring,I could not pull start this machine without a good batt. it will not start..I jumped it with the boat batt.Fired right up,but if i disconnected the good batt. machine would die..even after 1/2 hour running and unloading the boat the machine would not stay running if i dropped the good batt..I put it charger over night all is good now.... FYI.So if you kill this batt. in this machine the rope starter is false sense of sercuirty..I have had 3, other 94,95,96, 6x6,s all 400 two stokes and they will run without good batt.Don,t know if was because 4 stoke, or what, it doesn,t have efi.. So That way it is..with this machine.. Glad i found that out now instead of 40 mile back some where.. Like i said FYI. Maybe this info. keep someone from having to be towed some day, Happy Trails.

Leave a comment:

• FamilyMan
    replied
    Another trick might be to age your two batteries 2 years apart (from being new). Batteries seem to fail consistently at 4-5 years, and that way you'll always have a young one.

Leave a comment:

• chico99645
    replied
    When my wife bought her Ranger, I noticed it didn't have a pull start, so I had them install a second battery with a switch like in a boat. Peice of mind when your out in the boonies. I also carry a Battery Jumper Pack with me that also has a cigarette lighter adapter to run a small air compressor or other 12 volt items. Better then Jumper Cables as you don't need another ATV to get a jump start from.

Leave a comment:

• 2dawgs
    replied
    Interesting thought, My M7 has batteryless EFI. First pull charges the thingy, and the second pull starts it...why don't they do somthing like that on a wheeler. They would just need to add a decompression switch/lever like the old Honda 3 wheelers had.

Some how I missed Greythorns above post, yes batteryless EFI, and it works great. Maybe the mapping on a 4-stroke EFI system is more complicated.

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    Originally posted by bklausman View Post
    due to california regs for air quality, and the trend of most other states copying their laws, everything is going fuel injected now. anything fuel injected needs power to run the electronics for the injectors, therefore even if you had a pull start or kick start, you could pull/kick all day and never get it to even try to start. i miss back-ups too, but i found that almost any battery sales place can test atv/utv with their testers and will check your charging system for free, so i get mine checked every fall.
    u dont know what your talking about obviously, as arctic cats have batteryless EFI! and had it for years already!

Leave a comment:

• LuJon
    replied
    I have a 700 AC with a pull start and have used it a couple times in the yard after extended periods of storage. It pulls pretty easy though at over 260lbs I have some weight to toss into it! For those of you worried about it one of the new lithium batteries may be just the ticket.

http://www.atvscene.com/videos/video...errous-Battery

Leave a comment:

• bklausman
    replied
    due to california regs for air quality, and the trend of most other states copying their laws, everything is going fuel injected now. anything fuel injected needs power to run the electronics for the injectors, therefore even if you had a pull start or kick start, you could pull/kick all day and never get it to even try to start. i miss back-ups too, but i found that almost any battery sales place can test atv/utv with their testers and will check your charging system for free, so i get mine checked every fall.

Leave a comment:

• jay51
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post
    I always carry jumper cables even before this
    10-4! I have a set of ATV/Motorcycle cables that fit into a little 8"x8" nylon pouch, they have much smaller clips than ordinary cables for tight spaces, and they work great. I've even used them on my truck a couple times!

-J

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    I always carry jumper cables even before this

Leave a comment:

• Mike Echo
    replied
    I really like having the pull start there. I tried it on my 700 when it was new to see if I could, and I was successful. Never did have to use it though. My Rancher had one, had to use it a couple of times. This was always guaranteed to pull once, the recoil part tended to get bound up with silt and forget to recoil.
    New machines are unforgiving for people who would like to ride out no matter how slowly. They tend to either run or not.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X