No announcement yet.

What have you found in the woods??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some hunters up in the Brooks Range, stopped to take a break while hiking South of an old gold mining area, they sat down at the base of a tree and ate a snack. One of the guys looked down next to him on the ground and there was an old timer's gold poke sitting there, full of placer gold. Some people have all the luck...

Comment

It doesn't seem by that time that there would be anything left to create an odor....? Unless it was late in the summer when she fell in and early the following summer when she was found (frozen much of the time?) Interesting (albeit sad) story.

Comment

While sheep hunting in the Chugach I found a piece of shrapnel from a surface to air missile. Only way I knew was it just so happened to be the piece with the P/N number and lettering "surface to air". Also found a full set of sheep horns and another half that were starting to degrade pretty good.

Goat hunting this year I was eyeing up some goats. They walked away then I looked down at my feet and found an old single rifle casing from what I assume to be a previous hunter's successful shot.

Abandoned/collapsed cabin up off the Chulitna.

Comment

We found a torpedo on the beach in PWS.

I find a lot of graves here not in a cemetery.

Find a lot of large weather balloons.
          "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

North of the Brooks hunting on remote strip. Sent the kids out to dig a latrine for the camp. They came back saying they found plane parts (prop, gear leg, other parts). Prop was only a year old, when we got back home I found out the plane had been repaired few hangers down from mine.
            DENNY

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X