X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANCguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Interesting. I was thinking of picking up their Microspikes to toss in my pack "just in case" while out on cold month hikes. A few summers ago I had to descend about 50 yards down a steep, narrow ridge that was covered in packed snow. Nothing but snow & a few thousand feet of nothingness down either side, and that's the first time I wished I had traction & some poles.
    I picked up a pair of the microspikes last fall. I've only had to use them a couple of times, but they worked really well for me- worth the dough.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfeye
    replied
    Interesting. I was thinking of picking up their Microspikes to toss in my pack "just in case" while out on cold month hikes. A few summers ago I had to descend about 50 yards down a steep, narrow ridge that was covered in packed snow. Nothing but snow & a few thousand feet of nothingness down either side, and that's the first time I wished I had traction & some poles.

Leave a comment:

• Roger45
    started a topic Kahtoola Traction System

Kahtoola Traction System

The ice on the trails has been so bad here in the valley I decided that my 6 point crampons needed an *upgrade*. I did not want the aggressive glacier crampons that are sold all over the place. I went to AMH in Los Anchorage and talked myself into a set of the KTS. I had my first try our on them today on a lightly used trail with a partially packed trail and spots of glaciated ice at a fairly step angle. These steel points dug in great and I am totally impressed. I can't wait to try Lazy Mountain in the next few days!
    Attached Files

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X