Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Weight Rain Gear????

All,

I need some light weight rain gear for a hike I am doing next month. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gusto

Marmot Precip...

Light/collapsible/breathable.
    Many of us sheep hunters use it with great results.
    Proud to be an American!

Comment

How much and Where?

How much were they and where can I get them?

Gusto

Comment

precip....

Gus, check out any higher end gear store like Rei or Beaver Sports etc...Prices vary. I bought mine (coat) on sale at Beaver sports in Fairbanks for about $80 bucks or so. I got the sage green one because I hunt. Pants (black) I bought on ebay for about $50.

Wife is petite and bought her precip gear off of the youth rack at Beaver and saved big.

Check ebay if you know your size.
        Proud to be an American!

Comment

thanks

thanks fullkurl

Comment

Campmor has it on sale.

Comment

Frog Toggs

I've had good luck with Frog Toggs. About as light as you can get and they've always kept me dry.

Comment

Marmot is great stuff, and the REI line of rain gear. Both are compact, breathable and lightweight. I have REI pants and Marmot top. I think both cost me about 175 bucks. I love them though!
                "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Comment

Red Ledge Thunderlight

Very light, good design, inexpensive. I use the full side zip pants and the parka. I used this combo on the Applachian Trail and this summer. I'll use it on my next long trip. For backpacking, you'll find it very hard to beat.

http://www.bucktrack.com/Alaska_Broo..._Traverse.html

Comment

I have North Face Venture Jacket and full zip pants. Like Marmot Precip but TNF. The hood has a draw string to tighten it around your head in addition to the normal hood string. It works great. Not 100% windproof but very good wind resistance.
                    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X