Hill Top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill Top?

Where is Hill Top? I have heard people talk about it for 4 years now and have never been able to figure out where it is at.

Hilltop, the small local ski area? If that's what you're referring to, that's just up on the Anchorage hillside, up past Service High School. I'm wondering if you're referring to Flattop? If so, that's the mountain that has a flat top (not trying to be sarcastic here). Take O'Malley up towards the mountains and then follow the brown signs to the Glenn Alps parking lot. Good trail, heavily hiked, but fairly steep in places.

-Brian

Comment

Hilltop the famous truckstop outside of Fairbanks? It's about 6 miles north on the Elliot.
      Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
      http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

Comment

Sorry ment flattop thanks BM

Comment

Incidentally, if you ever want to look at some big bull moose in rut, go to the Glenn Alps parking lot in late September or October and follow the Powerline Pass trail instead of going up Flattop. About 1-4 miles up the trail you'll find concentrations of moose with some really big bulls putting on quite a show. There's no hunting allowed, but it sure is fun to watch and to practice your calling.

-Brian

Comment

and take some great photo's too!! And I thought I was the only one that saw all those bulls!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X