looking for small lakes to hike to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for small lakes to hike to

Hello everyone I got a question for you, My father is coming up this week and I am looking for some lakes to hike into so we can fish in our float tubes. Im looking for a remote area with lots of fish. I am in the military and my father is an avid outdoorsman so a 7-10 mile hike though the sticks isnt a big deal. not looking for the path most traveled.

thank you

What part of the state are you in?

If you're in South central, drive down the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, and put in to the Canoe Lakes trails, starting at Canoe Lake 1, the first put in on the South side of the road.

The lakes don't get much traffic, and there are plenty of wild rainbows.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

Symphony lake?

Take the highland road exit heading north. first light turn right and follow it to the end. Park. start hiking. stocked by ADFG with greyling. few people. done deal!
      Adison
      I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
      Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

Comment

How'd you make out

Hey Paul,

Where did you end up going and was it what you were looking for?

I'm beginning to plan my first trip to Alaska with my 14 year old son. He's a much better fisherman than I.

Cheers from Boston.
        Larry

Comment

Hi everyone - new to the board.

If you are on the Kenai Peninsula, there are a couple of lakes that are worth mentioning off the Sterling Highway that I have fished which are really neat-

One is about a 1200 VF gain and a couple miles to the lower lake w/ grayling, which are typically smaller. The best fishing spot on the lake is a float tube deal, Lower Fuller Lake. Even though it is relatively easy to get to, I've been back there a bunch and only seen a few people at most on each trip.

The other is Crescent Lake, which you can hike to from off the Seward Hwy, and hike or bike to off off the Sterling Hwy. It is 5 or so miles to the lake, and there are trophy-sized grayling in there.

Have a great trip!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X