Gunsite Mountain Snow Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunsite Mountain Snow Conditions

I'm thinking of climbing Gunsite Mountain this coming Memorial Day weekend. If anyone has been by there recently I'd appreciate an update on the snow conditions on Gunsite and surrounding area. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it will be interesting to hear what the snow conditions are like. I also like hiking this area, among others, but still appears to be a fair amount of snow out there.
    I have been looking at the DOT cams for sheep mountain and still see snow along the road way.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeyjack View Post
      I'm thinking of climbing Gunsite Mountain this coming Memorial Day weekend. If anyone has been by there recently I'd appreciate an update on the snow conditions on Gunsite and surrounding area. Thanks in advance.
      I too would love a report when you return. I've been curious to climb gunsight, not for the scenery or the exercise, but because I have heard rumors of lots of fossils up there. In particular some rare ammonites.

Comment

I checked the DOT weather cam at Sheep Mountain and it appears there is more snow than I'm in the mood to deal with. Thanks, AK Bearcat, I didn't know about the weather cams on the Glenn. If I climb it later this year I'll look for fossils and post a report.

Comment

It has been a while since I hiked the trail going up the front side of Gun sight. There is a trail at the way side, that I hike and one at the gravel pit just up the road. The few people the better for me!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X