Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nepal Ama Dablam 2010

Just got back from Ama Dablam
    was a tough climb the summit push from base camp to base camp was a 58 hr push .

hope the pictures post .
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-16-2010, 14:54. Reason: fixing picture links so they show in the post instead of as links (adding IMG tags)

I heard that camp 3 is no longer being used due to the icefall from the "Dablam". Do you have any pics of the "Dablam" from the site of camp 3 (the plateau below the steep slope leading up to the "Dablam")?
    There is not much room at camp 2...

Comment

Awesome pictures. Feel free to post more.

Comment

Looks like a great camp. Congrats on the adventure.
        ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
        just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Comment

Originally posted by AKClimber View Post
          I heard that camp 3 is no longer being used due to the icefall from the "Dablam". Do you have any pics of the "Dablam" from the site of camp 3 (the plateau below the steep slope leading up to the "Dablam")?
          There is not much room at camp 2...
          We use only camp 1 and 2.7 . we cut platforms into a small ridge right below the old camp3 people still use camp 3 lots of room but lots of avalanches from the Dablam

Last edited by Brian M; 11-17-2010, 13:37.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. That's got to be one of the most beautiful climbs in the world - the exposure is just fantastic above camp 1 and the rock is so pleasantly warm to touch! Did you go with an Alaskan group?

Comment

Galen Rowell took some great photos of Ama Dablam; it's probably as close as I'll ever get (sigh)
              " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X