Who's your fav. snowboarder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phish Finder View Post

An AOD board day this winter would be fun.
    Count me in Phish. Maybe we should get a seperate thread started for this. I got a sled too if anyone wants to do a backcountry AOD day. I think if you get around 20 people together we can get a group rate at Alyeska.

CPG cat runs would be great too, I have done Heli drops in Valdez, but never cat drops and always wanted too. Like i said, count me in.

A tincan day would be fun too, if anyone is into hiking.

Comment

That could be a ton of fun guys. I'm thinking that I could currently hike up the mountain faster than board down it as I didn't do any boarding at all last winter ( I know shame on me) but Alyeska, CPG cat, or backcountry hiking I'm in as long as I'm home. My schedule opens up a lot more when hiking/hunting season is done. Keep me posted, I'd love to tag along.

Comment

I'd be in for a Cat day or a backcountry day. I'm no fan of Alyeska on the weekends, and my schedule doesn't allow for mid-week skiing any longer. I'd rather skin up and make two runs/day while enjoying some beers at the bottom than pay $60 to make laps. That being said, I'm chaperoning three Saturdays of student skiing at Alyeska and will get three free passes for other days out of it, so maybe I'll change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
          ... and my schedule doesn't allow for mid-week skiing any longer.

It's amazing what a 20" blower day will do to a work schedule

Sounds like we could have a good day here. We'll have to start a thread to keep from hijacking this one much longer.

Any chance for a sticky?
          ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
          just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Comment

Since you asked nicely....
            The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
            sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

Can't forget Rippey

You guys have certainly brought up some of the sickest riders of all time, but i have also always really liked Jim Rippey. In highschool i had one of his signature boards, still of of the best boards i have ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by AkPacer View Post
                In highschool i had one of his signature boards, still of of the best boards i have ever owned.
                I came across that red one i use to ride the other day. Ahh, memory lane.

Comment

Yeah come to think of it my "sick leave" just rolled over on the 17th and I lost 4 days from last year! I won't be making that mistake again! I have heard snowboarding is a great way to get over a cold...

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                    Yeah come to think of it my "sick leave" just rolled over on the 17th and I lost 4 days from last year! I won't be making that mistake again! I have heard snowboarding is a great way to get over a cold...
                    It is a great way to get over a cold. I have also used it to cure some vision problems that i have had. Whenever it seems to snow a ton, i get this problem with my eyes, I just cant see myself going into work.

Comment

I can't believe you lost your "use or lose". I have never heard of anyone actually failing to take enough time off....

The new powder stick is on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Phish Finder View Post
                        I can't believe you lost your "use or lose". I have never heard of anyone actually failing to take enough time off....

The new powder stick is on the way.
                        I just got a new splitboard inbound as well. Can't wait for the snow now.

Comment

Lanche...

ya know you coulda saved GOBS of SWAG on boards bought last April, right?

Comment

Originally posted by gogoalie View Post
                            ya know you coulda saved GOBS of SWAG on boards bought last April, right?
                            Well the average $$$ for boards in April is better, but the website was running a 30% off deal and threw in skins amounted to a better price now than in April even. Regardless I'm stoked to take it out when the snow finally hits.

Comment

Powderstick

Just got my new powder board, 172 Rome swallowtail. Pretty excited for some deep snow. Snowboard shop in Fairbanks closed and had some killer deals. He still had some boards but were mostly smaller freestyle boards.

Comment

Gotta love the swallowtails!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X