Uses for old XC skis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses for old XC skis

A friend has a bunch of old XC skis to get rid of. They range from old military white fence boards to commercial retail skis.

I currently have an old pair of downhill skis that I want to try to make a pony-pulled sleigh with.

Ideas for these others?

Thanks,
    --Mike
    Repeat after me: Placement. Bullet. Caliber.

As far as the skis that are in decent shape, what about donating them to a school? A lot of schools get almost no funding for physical education, but would jump at the chance to get some donated gear. If you can't find a local school, send out an e-mail to the district offices of the rural school districts. If you find takers, I bet that NAC or another freight carrier would donate shipping for a cause like this.

Other than that, old skis make for quite a spectacular bonfire.

-Brian

Comment

Make a bench out of em. Or use em to make a fence. There's house in my neighborhood that has a white picket fence. Then you do a double take and see that it's all old white army issue skiis! It' great, I'd love to have it.
      A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Build a chair!!

I would first try to donate to a school.
        No takers...build a chair. I made a few for some "ski buffs".
        Big bucks in this operation...Have a look!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Comment

Old XC skis make great gust locks for airplanes. Through-bolt the tips and tails with wing nuts. The camber fits small plane tailfeathers pretty well. The tips can be cut off to shorten the overall length.

Comment

Some good ideas. Thanks guys, I'll lookinto the donation aspect.
            Repeat after me: Placement. Bullet. Caliber.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X