No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Alaskan outdoors

Goodmorning all,

I've been searching for a good outdoor forum for a long time, and finnaly found one with some expert outdoorsman!

Let me introduce myself first. Im Danny, twentytwo years young and currently living and working in The Netherlands. The Wilderness is always on my mind, so i've finnaly come to the conclusion i need to find a place to really enjoy and experience this, to the fullest, and Alaska must be the wildest place these days to do so. The wildlife, wilderness and beautifull surroundings are a real spirit booster!

So my plan would be to safe enough money to buy a small piece of land and build an cabin on there. Supplying myself with the use of a garden and some small farm animals like goat and chicken. Buy a basic supply of food before winter falls so that im still alive when spring arrives!

After reading this you're probely know this requires a huge amount of experience and knowlegde. So with this first forum post im asking yall to share any experience, knowlegde and tips to do so! Any information about this subject is welcome and very appreciated!

Survivalist.

Survivalist

There is a learning curve here. There are different levels of awareness.I consider myself an alert heads up sort of person. I think it took me about three years to get a full grasp of the Alaska situation.
    I'm suggesting that you rent and live here for a while before you buy and build.roud:
    Kevin
    Are we talking about goals or are we talking about dreams? roud: AkKevin The one and only

Comment

We welcome you w/ open arms survivalist as long as you bring a dutch girl under each arm when you come. :whistle: JK

You'll do just fine bud...
      sigpic

I'm taking a poll
      <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

My old man always said if you ain't Dutch you ain't much.Course he married mom Irish-English/Blackfoot
        Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Thanks for the assist,

After some more reading last week i've found a number of posts with the same advise, 'research the area before buying', so thats what im going to do. When i got more specific information about which region i'm considering i'll update this thread!

Survivalist

Comment

Originally posted by Survivalist View Post
            Thanks for the assist,

After some more reading last week i've found a number of posts with the same advise, 'research the area before buying', so thats what im going to do. When i got more specific information about which region i'm considering i'll update this thread!

Survivalist
            One other thing, not mentioned before, does someone know the bear populations in the different regions? Which regions are the highest populated, and which poorly. Would be good to know!

Thanks,

Survivalist.

Comment

Have you looked at the Alaska Fish and Game web site? Tons of information.
              http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/
              Are we talking about goals or are we talking about dreams? roud: AkKevin The one and only

Comment

Thanks, now i do!

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X