wells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wells?

Can any one tell me what the going rate per foot is for having a well drilled? In general is fine and if you know the specifics for Tok that is even better. I am just trying to get a general idea. If you happen to know a general depth wells are typically sunk in Tok that would be great but I know I am stretching it a bit

Thanks.

$37.00/$38.00 per foot would be ballpark with 6" casing to bedrock.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I know it's different everywhere, but we paid 3k for 60ft well 5 years ago.
      It's a certain amount to set up and drill and another amount to drill per foot.
      We also hooked up our own pump, so there was no cost in that.
      Lurker.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I do not want to mess around trying put my own well in with the permafrost hassel. The way I see it my time is too valuable to spend it trying to learn when I can hire an expert who already has done that and been there.

Comment

These people are the fairest from what I am told.

http://www.acewaterwelldrilling.com/

It would also be easier if you got a Geological Topo map from USGS (you can download it free on the USGS site) to find out where the best area to drill is. Sometimes you can get lucky and find out what they will be drilling and not end up with a dry hole.

Good Luck
          No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

Well

I had one done last year at $35 a foot in Sterling. Depends on where you are and how big a rig they might need. My well was 400ft. (unfortunately). Rates are fairly close among drillers, reputations vary a lot. Get recommendations.

M

Comment

I used to drill wells all over the Tok area about 30 years ago. Wells in that area can range from 40 to 110 feet. Most are in the 60 to 80' range if I remember right. Had one drilled here in Delta, ( 110 miles away from Tok) 2 years ago, was $50 a foot just for the well.

Comment

thanks for the replies. This is exactly what I was hoping to get. very much appriciated.

Comment

Rock Skipper you are right on on the price. I am having a well drilled here in Delta in the spring and the cost is 45- 50 a ft. My area here water is about 90 ft. I will be using Artic Drilling here.

Comment

They are the one's that did mine. I will say this they did a good job on mine, but hit me for an extra 20' I did'nt need, ouch. Talk to your neighbors and see what there well is and ask if they have had a problem with the water table.

When he did mine he said he hit water at 80' and went down to 100', I thought it was a little strange for the area I was in, but once its down you pay for it. Called the next door neighbor couple days later and asked there well depth, 78'. There well is about 500' from mine,lol

Best advice I can give is to stay right there while they drill the well, 100' takes about 4 hours

Comment

Klickitat, Permafrost?

Do you already have property? Golly, permafrost is bad news. Sure, you can do the pilings on virgin ground and level, and level, and re-level all the time. I would pay more for good solid soil and be happy about it.
                      If you don't have property, I'd be looking hard at areas free from the stuff. Use neighbors drill logs, excavation info, surveyor info, etc, to try and stay away from that darn frozen ground.
                      Some areas with permafrost are so deep you might not ever hit water.
                      Having a few test holes on a piece of property is cheap insurance.

Comment

Hi Rock,
                        My depth is about 90 ft to water but you want to go deeper to get a (well head) that is very common so you have a bit of a reserve supply of water. My neighbor Jon is an expert on wells and water. I does depend on where you are at. I have a friend out on Sawmill creek who hit water at 20 ft and another on Tanana Loop did the same thing.

Comment

Hotcity- you are correct about going past the water table. My problem is I had 40 feet of water in the casing. lol. one thing for sure it'll never run out

Comment

Rock..LOL Geezzzz I guess you will have plenty of water. I do not even hit water till 90 ft then want to go to 120 ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Ak River Rat View Post
                              Do you already have property? Golly, permafrost is bad news. Sure, you can do the pilings on virgin ground and level, and level, and re-level all the time. I would pay more for good solid soil and be happy about it.
                              If you don't have property, I'd be looking hard at areas free from the stuff. Use neighbors drill logs, excavation info, surveyor info, etc, to try and stay away from that darn frozen ground.
                              Some areas with permafrost are so deep you might not ever hit water.
                              Having a few test holes on a piece of property is cheap insurance.

Ever seen a Methane blow out from the permafrost?

Or anyone.. Rock_Skipper may know what I am talking about. The area I am looking at is known for methane pockets.

RS, what does the company do when or if something like that happens. I am curious.
                              No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X