No announcement yet.

Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen, we don't allow political discussion in our forums. We've loosened the reins a bit in the Covid subforum for the time being, but not elsewhere.

And for what it's worth, if anyone wants some legitimate information on whether this virus was created in a lab (which it was not), feel free to PM me. I'm no expert, but I am a Biology teacher who makes it a priority to read peer-reviewed research on such things. There is some verified information on this if you'd like to learn more.

Now...back to a discussion of bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post

Which one of the Seven Seal has the bears in it. Asking for a friend.
      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Gentlemen, we don't allow political discussion in our forums. We've loosened the reins a bit in the Covid subforum for the time being, but not elsewhere.

And for what it's worth, if anyone wants some legitimate information on whether this virus was created in a lab (which it was not), feel free to PM me. I'm no expert, but I am a Biology teacher who makes it a priority to read peer-reviewed research on such things. There is some verified information on this if you'd like to learn more.

Maybe I missed the political part, religious part no doubt, but politics and religion are not one in the same. Did anyone in this thread claim covid was created in a lab, if so I'm having trouble finding it. Some people are running free and loose in the covid section but I must not be able to see those posts here.
        I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
          <br/><br/>Maybe I missed the political part. Religious part no doubt but politics and religion are not one in the same. Did anyone in this thread claim covid was created in a lab, if so I'm having trouble finding it.
          <br/><br/>You must have missed it. Yes, such claims (and numerous others) were made and subsequently deleted.<br/><br/>

Comment

<br/><br/>You must have missed it. Yes, such claims (and numerous others) were made and subsequently deleted.<br/><br/>
            Gotcha, I don't envy the job you do Brian.
            I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

So........in your opinion as Administrator of this forum, you believe that the existence if mankind's ability to fabricate a virus designed to attack a specific DNA in a organism, is in your opinion a political discussion. So if science is attempting to use a designed virus to influence the DNA of a "Fruit Bat" or rogue rat species......that is political.....????
              "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post

Gotcha, I don't envy the job you do Brian.
                Yes........it is a tough job, attempting to skillfully impact discussion, and manage to execute that "covertly". Not everyone can dance around what is and what is not a political discussion, using only their "personal" preference.

"Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

I can send anyone the same IM message I sent Brian with regards to information I sent him related to the deleted post subject on labs etc assuming it doesn't violate any rules. I am new here and I didn't read all the fine print though I am well accustomed to forum type thibgs

Comment

Good advice from all as far as the bears go

As a single guy I can tell you there are plenty of women here in Alaska. BUT finding a good one is not easy, harder than the lower 48. The city women are the same everyplace, barflies in the bars, most seem to be involved in a relationship but looking for something better. Of course the guys aren't any better which is why the good women pretty much keep to themselves and away from the game players.

The long dark winters and being alone can play with your head in a very bad way

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                      Good advice from all as far as the bears go

As a single guy I can tell you there are plenty of women here in Alaska. BUT finding a good one is not easy, harder than the lower 48. The city women are the same everyplace, barflies in the bars, most seem to be involved in a relationship but looking for something better. Of course the guys aren't any better which is why the good women pretty much keep to themselves and away from the game players.

The long dark winters and being alone can play with your head in a very bad way
                      I'm digging being alone. I do what I want, when I want. Got the whole bed to myself. No fat woman farting under the covers. No nagging.

Comment

SmokeRoss: You generally have great posts- but that one is truly funny!

Comment

Yes clearly there is always a down side and being in a relationship does not guarantee that life will become easier

i believe that life can be challenging regardless if one is single or not, though in Alaska one may have less choice about whether they want to be single or not
                          Last edited by surfver; 10-25-2020, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
                            SmokeRoss: You generally have great posts- but that one is truly funny!
                            And I don't have to share my Winter Kings, Halibut, or Moose. No repairing someone's car, mowing their lawn, house repairs......I could go on.

Comment

Originally posted by surfver View Post

Yes, but I also fear economic collapse, government corruption, and a tyrannical system which could possibly be even worse
                              if you're afraid of economic collapse - dont come to alaska. our economy is in the ****ter with no end in sight.

if you're afraid of government corruption, dont come to alaska - our politicians put the rest to shame in their blatant cronyism.

Comment

Originally posted by greenmachine View Post

if you're afraid of economic collapse - dont come to alaska. our economy is in the ****ter with no end in sight.

if you're afraid of government corruption, dont come to alaska - our politicians put the rest to shame in their blatant cronyism.
                                In principle, these problems are quite logical - the state is remote, with a harsh climate and harsh conditions. And people prefer to move to a place where it is warmer, where the conditions are understandable and flexible enough.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X