No announcement yet.

Help me direct the dart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a little late in responding, but may I ask what your history is with Alaska? How much time have you spent here, and what areas have you visited? What seasons?

Comment

Alaska is littered with broken dreams and the half finished shells of log cabins.
      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

First NRick's summary nailed it. Simple as that.

Second, I've got a theory from having friends in the "mountain west": If the goal is to be away from people, given that many places in Alaska are off the road system, there's lots of plane travel or overflights to even the most "remote" spots in AK....however, FWIW, I think if one finds a very remote place in, say, eastern Washington, SW Colorado, certain parts of Montana, central Idaho, etc., even though one is on the "road system", one will be much more remote and away from people than in Alaska.

Just opinion, but combining what the OP wants, the information posted by NRick, and the good questions posed by others, the OP might be better served by looking at places in the West than in AK.

Comment

Originally posted by stillapa12drvr View Post
          First NRick's summary nailed it. Simple as that.

Second, I've got a theory from having friends in the "mountain west": If the goal is to be away from people, given that many places in Alaska are off the road system, there's lots of plane travel or overflights to even the most "remote" spots in AK....however, FWIW, I think if one finds a very remote place in, say, eastern Washington, SW Colorado, certain parts of Montana, central Idaho, etc., even though one is on the "road system", one will be much more remote and away from people than in Alaska.

Just opinion, but combining what the OP wants, the information posted by NRick, and the good questions posed by others, the OP might be better served by looking at places in the West than in AK.
          The west is pretty crammed these days....hundreds of thousands of hunters every fall, concentrated on limited public land. There's very few places in any of those states where you can get more than several miles from a road in one direction or another....if real solitude is desired, I'd look at the northern half of Canada...
          " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Originally posted by chugachjed View Post
            Idaho seems nice.
            I agree, I'd look at Idaho property.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X