Pieces have fallen into place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pieces have fallen into place!

Well, I know its not the most ideal time to be making the leap, but it is what it is... Our house here in AZ is under contract and we are under contract on a place up in Anc! Now, I need help from all of you! Give me the inside scoop, places to see and things to do. I know what Google tells me, but I want to know what the locals say. My family consists of myself, wife, 6y/o daughter, and 3y/o son. Thanks for any and all hints and tips you can provide! It has been my families goal to get back to AK for the better part of a decade now and we couldn't be more excited to join this community!

Drive down to the Kenai Peninsula, stopping in Girdwood and Alyeska on the way. Maybe even the game farm. Then check out Seward. Take in the Sea Life Center. Lots to see in Homer. The Island and Oceans visitor center is very interesting. Of course you will got out on the Spit. I'm sure others will chime in with ideas.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
      Drive down to the Kenai Peninsula, stopping in Girdwood and Alyeska on the way. Maybe even the game farm. Then check out Seward. Take in the Sea Life Center. Lots to see in Homer. The Island and Oceans visitor center is very interesting. Of course you will got out on the Spit. I'm sure others will chime in with ideas.
      Thanks!!! The Kenai Peninsula and all things in between are high on the list!

Comment

Following. I just left the lower 48 to move to Alaska this morning! Be there in 3 or 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by thomps33 View Post
          Following. I just left the lower 48 to move to Alaska this morning! Be there in 3 or 4 days.
          Nice!!!!! I actually grew up in AK and am finally making it back! Just hoping for some constructive feedback on fun things to do with the family.

Comment

Originally posted by jvcolony View Post

Nice!!!!! I actually grew up in AK and am finally making it back! Just hoping for some constructive feedback on fun things to do with the family.
            So how is it going os far? A year or two out from making the move myself

Comment

Well… My 14 day quarantine just expired yesterday, so... Been pretty boring so far Now I'm just trying to get settled into our new place before the wife and kids get here on Saturday. Once settled, its adventure time! I may sneak out and see if I can't catch a King before they get here. JC

Comment

Drive to Hatcher Pass always a nice day trip. ER nature center trails as well. Enjoy!

Comment

Hatcher Pass and ER Nature Center are both on the hit list once the wife and kids get up here and are cleared for exploring!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X