Putting up a dry cabin to rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
    You did not give that impression, fella....and this is mainly a hunting/fishing website, lol....the state laws pertaining to licensed contractors have been getting tightened up in recent years, mainly due to crap like this:

https://www.peninsulaclarion.com/new...d-contractors/

...bottom line is, if you hire an independent contractor, and they don't possess a professional license from the state, they are breaking the law. If you hire an employee, and you don't withhold taxes or report their income to the federal government, you are breaking the law...

Okay, I understand, and thanks for the article.
    Well make sure were doing the right thing when were there
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
      You did not give that impression, fella....and this is mainly a hunting/fishing website, lol....the state laws pertaining to licensed contractors have been getting tightened up in recent years, mainly due to crap like this:

https://www.peninsulaclarion.com/new...d-contractors/

...bottom line is, if you hire an independent contractor, and they don't possess a professional license from the state, they are breaking the law. If you hire an employee, and you don't withhold taxes or report their income to the federal government, you are breaking the law...
      Reading that would certainly make me want to hire a professional for any build somebody's going to live in.
      Certainly not someone like the guy in the article who says he's built a bunch of cabins before but then leaves you with a mess to tear down and start over.
      I've always liked this Red Addair quote:

"If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

There are some good builders out there with and without professional licensing etc.
      I know some of each.
      Some I trust and respect their work.
      Some I wouldn't trust to build me a doghouse!
      I know a guy who tried doing remodel and handyman work like my buddy does.
      He has failed miserably. Partially due to his attitude and partially to lack of building skills and knowledge.
      I've stayed at a local place where they rent small cabins.
      The owners husband built the cabins and she manages things cleans them etc.
      It's probably good retirement money for them.
      They're in a decent location and built things right and have really thought of everything in their setup.
      So I know it can be done!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
      "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
        There are some good builders out there with and without professional licensing etc.
        I know some of each.
        Some I trust and respect their work.
        Some I wouldn't trust to build me a doghouse!
        Amen.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X